Join EPIP Bay Area for a training with Shyaam Subramanian, Counsel at Alliance for Justice!
Election years provide a great opportunity for foundations to highlight issues and interact with candidates and the voting public.
However, foundations cannot support or oppose candidates, and must avoid the appearance or reality of electioneering and other partisan activity, particularly in public and social media communications. This webinar will highlight some common pitfalls and provide suggestions and tips for avoiding them.
Participants will learn:
- How you can continue to advocate for your issues during election years;
- How you can educate the public through candidate forums and questionnaires;
- How you can respond to candidate statements;
- How you can conduct nonpartisan voter registration and ensure get-out-the-vote efforts are conducted legally; and
- How staff and volunteers’ partisan activities in their personal time can be kept separate from their activities on behalf of the organization.
EPIP members from all chapters are welcome to join us for this online event! The Zoom link will be provided in advance of the session.
Add to Calendar 09/17/2020 10:00:00 09/17/2020 11:30:00 America/Los_Angeles EPIP Bay Area | Nonpartisan Advocacy in Partisan Times Check https://www.epip.org/epip_bay_area_nonpartisan_advocacy_in_partisan_times for the latest info.
September 17, 2020 at 10:00am - 11:30am Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Online - Zoom link will be provided
EPIP Bay Area ·
LeAnn Kelch Melendez
Dr Amitra sudan chakrabortty
Showing 69 reactions
Sign in with