In response to membership feedback, EPIP Bay Area is proud to launch the pilot of a new Mentorship Program to connect young, emerging professionals in philanthropy with experienced practitioners in order to expand networks, deepen learning opportunities, and strengthen professional development.
Inspired by EPIP National’s strategic framework and similar programs hosted by EPIP Boston, EPIP DC, and EPIP LA, the Bay Area chapter sees this as an opportunity to support our members in their internal and external advocacy and our shared commitment to equity and social justice in philanthropy.
The inaugural 2018-2019 cohort includes up to 10 emerging and mid-level leaders and up to 10 seasoned professionals who are paired for one-on-one Mentoring Partnerships.Read more
- Curtis Yancy, Associate - Community, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (Co-Chair)
- JC De Vera, Associate Director, Hirsch & Associates (Co-Chair)
- Sarah Grady, Program & Grants Manager, Silver Giving Foundation (Co-Chair)
- Alberto Galindo, Director of Development, Youth Outside
- Carly Straus, Associate, Third Plateau Social Impact Strategies
- Claudia Paredes-Corne, Program Officer, San Francisco Foundation
- Daniel Lau, Manager - Program and Events, Northern California Grantmakers
- Dominique Turrentine, Manager - Community, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
- George Dallas, Program Associate, David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- Maud Henderson, Director - Engagement & Knowledge, Environmental Grantmakers Association
- Melanie Jimenez, Program Associate, San Francisco Foundation
- Sahar Momand, Grants Manager, Pacific Foundation Services
- Stacie Mills, Associate, GreenLight Fund
- Victoria Rodarte, Program Associate, Evelyn and Walter Haas, Jr. Fund
If you'd like to get more involved with EPIP, consider joining our Steering Committee. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
EPIP Bay Area is committed to building the emerging philanthropy community in San Francisco, the East Bay, Peninsula, South Bay and North Bay. We host professional development and networking events in response to the needs of members and in collaboration with local nonprofits and affinity groups.
To get in touch with EPIP Bay Area or sign up for our newsletter, email us at email@example.com.
Follow EPIP Bay Area on Twitter @EPIPBayArea.
Join us on Facebook!
Chapter Membership Survey
Our Chapter wants to learn what your interests are and how we can best support you as emerging practitioners in philanthropy. We appreciate your feedback, so that we can offer programming that will be beneficial to you. This anonymous survey will take no more than 5 minutes to complete. You do not have to be a dues-paying EPIP member to participate.
Past Bay Area Events
- Peninsula Philanthropy Network Happy Hour
- Article Club: "Philanthropy in the Service of Democracy"
- Local Philanthropy Happy Hour
- Article Club: Decolonizing Wealth
- Steering Committee Open House
- Article Club: Dissonance & Disconnects
- Workshop: Foundations & Advocacy 101
Events in the Field
Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit the Northern California Grantmakers calendar and events in the field page. We recommend subscribing to the mailing lists of relevant affinity groups, funder networks, and philanthropic support organizations to stay connected to the field—The Council on Foundations had created comprehensive list here.
Have a Bay Area event you'd like to share? Email email@example.com with subject line "Events in the Field" and a link to your event.
Bay Area Jobs
To post a listing to the EPIP job board, please send a full job description with job's location as a Word .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org.