EPIP and AAPIP Bay Area Joint Mentorship Program
After a successful pilot in 2019, and the desire to expand our reach, the Bay Area chapters of EPIP and AAPIP are proud to launch again a Mentorship Program to connect emerging professionals in philanthropy with experienced practitioners in order to expand networks, deepen learning opportunities, and strengthen professional development.
Inspired by EPIP National’s strategic framework the Bay Area chapter sees this as an opportunity to support our members in their internal and external advocacy and our shared commitment to equity and social justice in philanthropy.
The 2023 cohort includes emerging leaders and seasoned professionals who are paired for one-on-one mentoring partnerships.
The program will span 6 months, from September 2022 to March 2023, with a commitment of 2-3 hours per month. This includes the kick-off, mid-point and closing events, agreed one-on-one meetings, and check-ins with EPIP Bay Area.
- Build co-intentional relationships between mentors and mentees, sharing opportunities to learn from one another
- Develop a deeper understanding of the philanthropic sector, and how to navigate career pathways
- Share knowledge, skills, information, and perspective
- Build a more networked philanthropic sector across all levels
- New to the philanthropic sector
- Ability to be accessible, committed, and engaged during the length of the program (March 2023 - August 2023)
- Support EPIP’s organizational mission, vision, and goals
- Minimum 5+ years experience in philanthropy or an adjacent field, and currently in a middle management role or above.
- Ability to be accessible, committed, and engaged during the length of the program
- Pilot Program Duration: March 2023 - August 2023
- Mentor Info Session: Friday, February 17, 2023 | 12:00pm - 12:45pm | RSVP, here.
- Applications Close: February 28, 2023
- Application Status Notifications to Mentors/Mentees: March 10, 2023
- Kick-Off Event: Week of March 20th
- Midpoint Event: Week of May 22nd, potentially in-person
- Close-Out Event: Week of August 21st
Fill out an application by February 28, 2023. Applications will be reviewed for best fit.
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM COMMITTEE
- Jennifer Paniagua, Hispanics in Philanthropy, EPIP
- Miguel de la Fuente-Lau, The LeadersTrust, EPIP
- Ammarrah Maqsood, Equimundo, EPIP
- Alberto Galindo, Tides, EPIP
- Paul Ocampo, Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus, AAPIP
EPIP, a project of Tides, is a national network of changemakers who strive for excellence and equity in the practice of philanthropy. EPIP’s mission is to empower emerging leaders and elevate philanthropic practice in order to build a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
AAPIP is a national membership organization dedicated to expanding and mobilizing philanthropic and community resources for underserved AAPI communities to build a more just and equitable society.