KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating nearly 80,000 elementary, middle, and high school students. We know all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
We have bold goals. In 2014, we set a goal to double the number of students in our network by 2020. We need incredible people to help us reach that goal. Come grow with us.
Learn more about the KIPP Foundation at: http://www.kipp.org/about-kipp/our-organization.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Learning Design will play a critical role in envisioning and designing the approach to the training and development of school and regional instructional leaders across KIPP. S/he will establish a shared vision for best-in-class adult learning and development, create a centralized blueprint for how we execute on that vision across programs, and work across teams to gather expertise, prototype models, and collect feedback. As a critical member of the Foundation's Design Lab, s/he will engage stakeholders inside and outside of KIPP in a needs-driven design process to envision, prototype, test, and implement innovative new ideas.
This role offers an exciting leadership opportunity for a person with deep experience in designing and implementing innovative approaches to training and a desire to have an impact on hundreds of instructional leaders.
The Director of Learning Design will report directly to the Managing Director, Design Lab. S/he will work in close partnership with the KIPP School Leadership Program (KSLP), Teaching and Learning, and Network Leadership Development teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deeply engaging key stakeholders – inside and outside the KIPP network– to understand current programs, key network needs, and opportunities
- Leading a cross-team effort to design a shared approach to the training and development of regional and school instructional leadership at KIPP
- Leading a cross-team effort to develop and design a portfolio of training and development programs that drive strong outcomes and rigorous on-the-ground development in KIPP schools and regions
- Developing a centralized "learning agenda" to drive alignment of programs across multiple teams
- Working with KIPP Foundation instructors/subject matter experts and the KIPP School Leadership team to implement shared learning agenda and approach
- Working with select KIPP regions to pilot and develop a recommendation that outlines how to approach PD at the local (regional and school) level
- Establishing credibility as an expert and trusted advisor with a range of diverse stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in adult learning, training, and development
- Systems and design thinking expertise
- Excellent relationship building skills, with the ability to work effectively with and influence others at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated success managing and facilitating organizational change efforts
- Strong cultural competence with an ability to communicate and influence across lines of difference
- Robust project management skills, with the ability to manage complex projects and deliver against aggressive timelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, results-oriented environment
- Experience in K-12 education preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K plan, and a significant paid time-off package.
KIPP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds.