Spectrum Works is going through a period of exciting growth and change —we are hugely ambitious for our future, and we are looking for colleagues who share in our ambition!
Spectrum Works’ innovative workforce development model provides job training and employment to high school students and young adults with autism. Simultaneously, Spectrum Works builds inclusive workforces at our partner companies by integrating young adults with autism into their workforces. What sets Spectrum Works apart is that our offices are located within each of our partner company’s facilities. The program prepares students for entry-level jobs that meet the needs of corporate partners and creates a path to success for individuals with autism. Spectrum Works goal is to launch its program into partner companies across the United States in 2019.
Working at Spectrum Works offers a great opportunity to drive social change and to help young adults with autism live up to their potential for stable, successful, economically self-sufficient lives.
Spectrum Works is seeking a strategic, energetic, and passionate Director of Development to create and execute the fundraising strategy for this growing organization. The primary responsibility is to develop new revenue sources (high net worth individuals, corporations, and foundations). The Director of Development will work closely with the Executive Director to expand and oversee all donor relationships and to diversify funding streams.
This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented development professional to play a key role in development within an innovative organization. We are seeking a person with a proven track record of results in fundraising and experience developing relationships with donors.
- Design and implement a long-term strategic fundraising plan, in collaboration with the Executive Director
Major Gifts and Donor Relations
- Develop a portfolio of individual, corporate and foundation funders and prospects, and manage relationships with funders/sponsors – from identification to solicitation to stewardship
- Build a robust major gift pipeline by cultivating relationships with high net- worth individuals and corporations
- Develop customized cultivation and solicitation plans for major gift donors and prospects, with a focus on increasing the number of individual donors
- Contribute to the planning and execution of special events related to sponsor/funder relationship management
Prospect Management/Research Services
- Conduct and/or oversee targeted searches for individual, corporate, and/or foundation funders with funding interests that align with Spectrum Works programs and prioritiesManage efforts to secure donations and grants including drafting letters, reports and corporate sponsorship proposals
- Oversee fundraising database and provide regular reports to the Executive Director tracking progress towards goals
- Design all solicitation and stewardship correspondence and activities including drafting acknowledgements and appeals
The Director of Development at Spectrum Works is a proactive, confident self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment that values results. S/he is, persistent, and driven to succeed in leading efforts to grow philanthropic support and in setting and exceeding goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years of relevant experience in nonprofit fundraising or external relations, including quantifiable fundraising successes across a variety of revenue streams
- A proven track record of securing significant donations from high net worth individuals
- Experience building and executing fundraising strategies that identify and cultivate gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Passion for Spectrum Works mission
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, and driven to lead and collaborate with others to achieve success
- Strategic, proactive, and forward thinking
- Persuasive, outgoing, and confident
- Possess the highest standards of personal and professional integrity
- Adhere to and promote Spectrum Works mission, core values, and strategic priorities
- Job location: New York City or Secaucus, New Jersey
Spectrum Works offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Spectrum Works is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter (Subject: Director of Development) to email@example.com.
To learn more about Spectrum Works, visit www.spectrumworks.org