Position Reports to: Director, Development & External Affairs
Job Title(s) Reporting to This Position: n/a
Start Date: Immediate
About East Harlem Tutorial Program
East Harlem Tutorial Program began in 1958 as a children's reading group hosted by a community member in her living room; it has since grown into a multi-site after-school program for public school students and a charter school operator focused on significantly increasing the college graduation rate in East Harlem. Between our after-school programs and charter schools, more than 15,000 East Harlem youth and their families have walked through our doors – and, by participating in our year-long, free programs, they have improved their academic skills, developed confidence, and found community.
EHTP is undergoing a period of rapid growth in order to meet the significant community need for our services. In the next 5 years, we will open 4 new public charters, grow our after-school programs, and scale the East Harlem Teaching Residency, which builds a pipeline of prepared, mission-driven educators. EHTP has committed to expanding its programs to serve 25% of all of East Harlem public school students by 2021.
For more information about EHTP’s mission, model, and programs please visit http://www.ehtp.org.
As the Director, Individual Giving, you will join a growing team at an ambitious, community-based nonprofit that has been serving East Harlem students and families for decades. As a key strategic voice on an entrepreneurial, fast-moving team, you will be responsible for building upon and maintaining our pipeline management systems, identifying and prioritizing key opportunities, and managing a high volume of research, cultivation and stewardship activities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build on a strong base of support that has tremendous alignment with EHTP’s mission and significant future growth potential.
Responsibilities of the Director, Individual Giving will include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Director of Development and Executive Director, develop EHTP’s long-term individual giving strategy and operationalize that strategy to grow our major gifts program
- Through rigorous analysis of historical individual giving data, lead the team to better understand our fundraising successes, challenges, and opportunities
- Leveraging data, develop goals and benchmarks for EHTP’s major gifts program, including growth and retention targets at all donor levels
- Collaborate with our Grants Manager, Deputy Director of Events, Program Directors and Director of Marketing & Communications to create compelling, inspiring materials that engender conversation and commitment from integral donors and prospects
- Support the Coordinator, Development to ensure 100% accuracy and integrity of individual giving data
- Track all cultivation actions and report out on pipeline regularly
- Develop and maintain relationships with your own portfolio of prospects and donors
Skills and Experiences:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and a proven record of creating and fostering excellent relationships
- Ability to proactively and effectively “manage up” to move individual giving priorities forward
- Excellent fundraising judgment
- Superior writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- A high level of integrity and a strong work ethic
- The ability to motivate and work effectively and diplomatically across diverse teams within an organization
- The ability to serve as a strategic thinker, capable of providing positive and proactive solutions to challenges and opportunities
- Sense of humor and desire to work on a team of hardworking and fun individuals who do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Belief in East Harlem Tutorial Program’s mission, education model and core values
Education Background and Work Experience:
Bachelor’s degree5 – 8 years of work experience, with at least 5 years of experience in a full-time Individual Giving or Major Gifts position of an established nonprofit institution of similar budget and complexity
High level of proficiency in MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
Grant writing experience
Compensation for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition, EHTP offers a comprehensive benefits package.
|Primary Location||East Harlem Tutorial Program|
|Salary Range||Per Year|