You are mission-driven and action-oriented. You love to get involved and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
This exciting new position on our Culture and Talent team will create and drive forward strategies and practices that ensure the firm meets our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and ongoing individual growth and professional development. This role will serve as a strategic partner to key stakeholders, including business unit leaders and executive leadership.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Designs, implements and manages a comprehensive strategy to achieve the firm’s overall DEI goals and key performance indicators
- Serves as lead champion for DEI practices across the organization, including using effective change management practices to generate commitment from key stakeholders
- Creates and implements an internal DEI communications strategy
- Stays well informed of trends and innovations related to diversity, equity and inclusion in and outside of the philanthropic sector, to assess the effectiveness of on-going efforts and identify and develop new initiatives, approaches, and programs
- Employs strong data analytics skills to assess a range of diversity and inclusion metrics and presents data in an effective manner for senior leaders
- Manages all program content, logistics and budget related to our DEI strategy
- Provides DEI training to teams and leadership
- Creates and executes a retention strategy for people of color at Arabella, in partnership with the Senior Director, Culture and Talent
- Leads the research and implementation of our Fellowship Program
Learning and Development
- Works with team leaders to develop learning interventions that effectively address both organizational and team specific skill gaps
- Identifies external training resources to address skill gaps that cannot be met in-house
- Designs and facilitates training courses and programs necessary to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external providers
- Measures the effectiveness and ROI of learning interventions and makes adjustments to increase both
- Manages the firm’s personal development benefit to ensure effective and equitable usage
- Oversees the learning and development curriculum for supervisors
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field
- 5 - 8 years of experience developing and executing diversity and inclusion strategies and programs in a growing organization
- 5 - 8 years of experience managing in-house corporate training and development programs
- The ability to be strategic, visionary, transformative, and tactical while focusing attention on delivering tangible results
- Strong project management skills to drive projects to completion
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong teamwork and relationship building skills with a collaborative approach to working with others at all levels of seniority
- Detail oriented and high attention to quality
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to effectively manage resources, create and implement enhancements across the firm to efficiently achieve service standards, and to coach junior teammates on how to address complex service challenges
- The ability to oversee and advise on multiple complex projects, including encouraging workflow and work plan innovations, and ensuring deliverables are high-quality and meet clients’ needs
- The ability to coach colleagues in how to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and to handle high-level stakeholder challenges
- The ability to effectively communicate difficult messages, to represent the firm to external audiences, and to mentor colleagues in how to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences
- The ability help teams overcome collaboration challenges and promote compromise, inclusion, and openness; promote and lead activities that support an open, safe, and inclusive organization; understand the context in which we work and build critical cross-team connections; and share useful knowledge firm wide
- The ability to regularly integrate learnings to improve team operations, to lead learning opportunities that enhance team performance, and to be a mentor to others
- The ability to empower teammates to solve problems and provide guidance only when necessary; to solve complex challenges without clear owners or solutions by identifying innovative approaches; and to facilitating coordination with others and to coach colleagues in thinking through solutions
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance, we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online (click here for careers page). The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.