The Fortune Society
Long Island City, Queens, NYC
Title: Digital Media Consultant
Unit: Communications and Development
Reports to: Director of Design & Digital Media
Status: Contract (6 month contract)
Location: Long Island City, Queens
Date Prepared: July 7, 2016 (aim to fill position by August 1, 2016).
Responsible for supporting the Director of Design and Digital Media, the Digital Media Consultant will help communicate core messaging and implement data-driven strategies that increase Fortune’s visibility, brand recognition, resources, and advance the organization’s mission. The Digital Media Consultant will be responsible for managing Fortune’s digital media platforms (website, social media, and CRM); writing and editing communications materials; capturing and recording key mission moments and activities; and executing communications and fundraising campaigns.
ESSENTIAL PROJECTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Communications and Fundraising Material Conception
- In collaboration with Director of Design & Digital Media, write and edit marketing materials, fundraising appeals, event journals, invitations, and other communications and fundraising collateral.
- Coordinate, gather, and edit content for the bi-annual Fortune News print publication.
- Edit and proofread communications materials.
- Capture key events and mission moments through photography, videography, and other mediums for use on communications materials and digital platforms.
E-Newsletter Production and Blogging
- In collaboration with Director of Design & Digital Media, write and edit blog pieces.
- Interview and capture the stories of clients, staff members, volunteers, and others from the Fortune community to promote on digital platforms.
- Manage and coordinate production of the Fortune Weekly e-newsletter.
- Increase pipeline of content and contributors which include blog pieces, news articles, events, and featured jobs.
Social Media Management
- Actively generate, edit, publish, and share content for all social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Plan and maintain communications and production calendars.
- Monitor press and digital coverage of Fortune’s work and criminal justice related issues.
- Monitor content from peer social media channels, media outlets, and thought leaders, sharing and promoting when appropriate.
- Manage online reputation and respond strategically to comments and feedback as needed.
- Support Communications and Advocacy teams in organizing twitter chats, webinars, and other web events.
- Continuously improve social media program by measuring and monitoring social media content reach, impact, and best practices.
Digital Strategy Development and Monitoring
- Conceptualize, implement, and execute search engine optimization (SEO) and social media optimization (SMO) strategy to grow number of visitors to Fortune’s website and increase ranking in search engine results.
- Develop and execute strategy and campaigns for Fortune's Google AdWords Grant.
- Create dynamic reports and goals within Google Analytics to monitor web traffic sources, analyze user behavior, and track web signups and donation conversions.
- Produce reports and dashboards on digital engagement, impact, and growth.
- Monitor digital platform insights and data to adjust goals, strategies, and objectives to maximize engagement with digital communities.
Building Communications Capacity
- Help identify key staff members to help the communications team engage the agency on digital platforms.
- Develop relationships and engage with key influencers (bloggers, journalists, brands, celebrities, etc.,) to enhance and broaden awareness for Fortune's mission.
Website and Communication Asset Management
- Manage updates to the Fortune website through WordPress.
- Organize communications files, photos, and other digital assets.
- Document all communications processes to ensure continuity of plans and strategies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills with a passion for finding the right words and images, and communicating accurately and succinctly.
- At least 2-3 years of social media and virtual communications work experience.
- Experience producing engaging editorial content for diverse audiences.
- Experience managing social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Youtube) with proven success in fostering engagement and increasing followers.
- A passion for data and experience tracking and reporting social media/web insights statistics.
- Demonstrated experience with WordPress or similar content management systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Google Analytics and Google Adwords.
- Working understanding of SEO and SMO strategies.
- Basic HTML and CSS proficiency.
- Demonstrated experience with social media dashboards such as Hootsuite and Tweetdeck.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier, Lightroom) and photo archiving systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with digital photography and videography strongly preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines while effectively managing multiple projects with creativity and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity, commitment, and passion for criminal justice reform and The Fortune Society’s mission.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience and skill set.
HOW TO APPLY
Email Emerson Soto, Director of Design & Digital Media with the subject line “Digital Media Consultant Application”, at [email protected], with your resume; a cover letter explaining why working at The Fortune Society is of interest to you; writing sample; and links to social media pages you manage.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with