ABOUT THE SHED:
Opening in spring 2019 where the High Line meets Hudson Yards on Manhattan's west side, The Shed will be dedicated to commissioning, producing, and presenting the full spectrum of performing arts, visual arts, and pop culture. From hip hop to classical music, painting and sculpture to literature, film to theater and dance, The Shed will bring together leading artists and thinkers from all disciplines under one roof. The building—a remarkable movable structure designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with Rockwell Group—physically transforms to support artists' most ambitious ideas. Committed to nurturing artistic invention and bringing creative experiences to the broadest possible audiences, The Shed, led by Artistic Director and CEO Alex Poots, will be a 21st-century space of and for New York City.
About the Position
The Shed seeks a Development Operations Manager to be responsible for the maintenance and reporting of data associated with all fundraising activities and initiatives, and serve as an integral member of the Development department operations team. Reporting to the Director of Development Operations, the Development Operations Manager will have the exciting and unique opportunity to be an instrumental part of building the foundational data infrastructure and governance for a new arts organization. This position will be responsible for maintaining advanced knowledge of Tessitura.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in the implementation of Tessitura
- Assist with training efforts to ensure organization-wide adoption of Tessitura
- As part of the Data Governance Committee, oversee the establishment and adoption of Tessitura data standards and best practices across the organization
- In partnership with the Director of Development Operations, collaborate with departments to establish, monitor, and report on progress of KPIs
- Collaborate with Marketing, Visitor Services, and Tech departments on member and donor communication and targeted segmentation efforts
- Develop financial reports, dashboards, and data audits
- Create and manage accurate reports and lists
- Help process, track, and record gifts, gift agreements, and online contributions
- Develop an inventory of custom and existing reporting using SQL
- Manage larger database functions, including gift imports, exports, de-duplication and data hygiene processes
- Responsible for pledge reminder schedule
- Coordinate the tracking of development research activities
Qualifications and Qualities
- Proficiency in Tessitura required
- Ability to clearly interpret questions, query requirements, and requests for information
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Well-developed analytical, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to devise solutions to address business needs, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, establish priorities, take initiative, and plan and execute work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Must be flexible and able to adapt as priorities change
- Must be a team player
- Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
- Familiarity with SQL and Tessitura table structures a plus
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with “Development Operations Manager” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
The Shed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.