About The Shed
Opening in spring 2019 where the High Line meets Hudson Yards on Manhattan's west side, The Shed commissions original works of art, across all disciplines, for all audiences. From hip hop to classical music, painting and sculpture to literature, film to theater and dance, The Shed will bring together leading and emerging artists and thinkers from all disciplines under one roof. The building—a remarkable movable structure designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with Rockwell Group—physically transforms to support artists' most ambitious ideas. Committed to nurturing artistic invention and bringing creative experiences to the broadest possible audiences, The Shed, led by Artistic Director and CEO Alex Poots, is a 21st-century space of and for New York City.
About the Position
The Shed seeks a Development Operations Assistant to assist the Development Operations department with day to day functions including: gift entry, acknowledgements, data processing, ticket holds, and the general support of departmental fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Director of Development Operations, the Development Operations Assistant will work closely with the Development Operations Manager to ensure a reliable Tessitura environment. The position will liaise directly with accounting and will develop familiarity with The Shed's accounting policies and procedures. The successful candidate must possess excellent attention to detail and accuracy, a strong work ethic, and a collaborative spirit.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Providing integral data support within the Tessitura database, including donor record upkeep, list pulls, and analytical reporting, with a focus on pristine data integrity
- Entering gifts, pledges, pledge payments, write-offs, and adjustments into the database
- Working with the Membership team with invoicing of pledges and managing monthly charges for members
- Assisting with the management of departmental ticket holds while coordinating with visitor experience and executive departments to fulfill the ticketing needs of VIP donors
- Assisting with donor communications including acknowledgements, membership renewals, membership card replacement requests, etc.
- Assisting with the training efforts for an organization-wide adoption of data standards and best practices
- Providing additional support to Membership and Individual Giving teams, and the department, as needed
Qualifications and Qualities
- One to two years experience in fundraising discipline, technologies, and processes preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording information
- Excellent time management, task prioritization, and efficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate professionally, effectively, and discreetly with colleagues and donors
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and eagerness to work collaboratively as part of a highly motivated, energetic team in a growing organization
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends, as needed
- Superior organizational skills
- Adaptability and desire to join a start-up environment
- Experience working in Tessitura preferred
- Interest in arts and culture a plus
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
Interested candidates should submit résumé and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with “Development Operations Assistant” in the subject line. Only résumés and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
The Shed is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff, and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.