About The Shed
The Shed commissions original works of art, across all disciplines, for all audiences. From hip hop to classical music, painting and sculpture to literature, film to theater and dance, The Shed brings together leading and emerging artists and thinkers from all disciplines under one roof. The building—a remarkable movable structure designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with Rockwell Group—physically transforms to support artists' most ambitious ideas. Committed to nurturing artistic invention and bringing creative experiences to the broadest possible audiences, The Shed, led by Artistic Director and CEO Alex Poots, is a 21st-century space of and for New York City.
About the Position
The Shed seeks a Development Operations Assistant to assist the Development Operations Department with critical day-to-day functions that include gift entry, acknowledgements, invoicing, creating and maintaining accounts, assisting with data hygiene, and the general support of departmental fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Director of Development Operations, the Development Operations Assistant will work closely with the Development Operations Manager to ensure Tessitura is reliably and effectively utilized. The position will liaise directly with accounting and will develop familiarity with The Shed’s accounting policies and procedures. The successful candidate must possess excellent attention to detail and accuracy, a strong work ethic, and a collaborative spirit.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Entering gifts, pledges, pledge payments, write-offs, and adjustments into the database
- Providing integral data support to the whole Development team regarding the Tessitura database, including donor record upkeep, list pulls, and analytical reporting, with a focus on pristine data integrity
- Assisting with donor communications including acknowledgements, invoices, membership renewals, membership card replacement requests, do not mail requests, etc.
- Generating and tracking departmental invoices and expense reimbursements
- Participating in standing reconciliation meetings with Finance team
- Creating and maintaining dashboards for team members and participating in regular status review meetings
- Providing additional support to the Development Department as needed
Qualifications and Qualities
- One to two years of experience in fundraising discipline, technologies, and processes preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in recording information
- Excellent time management, task prioritization, and efficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate professionally, effectively, and discreetly with colleagues and donors
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and eagerness to work collaboratively as part of a highly motivated, energetic team
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends, as needed
- Superior organizational skills
- Adaptability and desire to join a start-up environment
- Experience working in CRM Systems (Tessitura preferred)
- Interest in arts and culture a plus
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
Interested candidates should complete an application and submit résumé and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate's first and last name through our Career Center page here. Only résumés and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
The Shed is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff, and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.