The Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF) is a leading national nonprofit that ensures injured service members, veterans, and their families are thriving long after they return to civilian life. After years of war the men and women who have served in our nation’s armed forces return with physical and mental scars, many severe, leading to debilitating circumstances including unemployment, substance abuse and homelessness. The Bob Woodruff Foundation is a leader in advocating for public awareness and understanding of the challenges facing injured veterans and the foundation has directly invested $50 million in innovative and effective programs that help veterans not just return to civilian life, but to thrive despite enormous obstacles. To date, the foundation and its donors have helped more than 2.5 million injured veterans as well as their families.
Reporting to the BWF Development & Donor Relations Manager and working closely with the events team, the Development Operations & Salesforce Coordinator supports all of the foundation’s fundraising efforts through timely, personalized, and strategic communication to donors; development-related administrative support to the BWF leadership team; and oversight of certain initiatives. This position requires involvement in all aspects of the donor lifecycle: research of individual, foundation and corporate donor prospects; development of donor briefs and fundraising meeting prep documents; maintenance of routine and specialized donor communications; and management of all contacts and lists in Salesforce. This position works closely with all departments (communications, events, programs, operations) across the BWF to promote best-in-class development and donor relations operations.
The primary functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain donor database, including updating donor records, compiling key information, data entry, meeting notes, and pulling reports/queries
- Provide timely and accurate processing and tracking of all fundraising revenue through weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Process all incoming gifts and ensure that gifts are accurately recorded; track and run pledges to ensure on-time payment
- Oversee gift acknowledgments including mailing of tax receipts, and coordinate handwritten thank you notes and other high touch gestures
- Assist with coordination of fundraising prep documents, appeals, monthly impact reports and fundraising-related newsletters and mailing lists
- Work with the Development & Donor Relations Manager, and BWF Controller to reconcile donations and ensure accuracy of gift/donation records and coding
- Oversee BWF matching gift program: complete required forms, manage internal database of companies that actively match employee gifts, and implement opportunities to raise BWF’s profile within employee campaigns
- Analyze donor giving patterns to increase donor retention, upgrading, and conversion rates
- Provide staff training and support in database software to ensure processes and policies are maintained
- Oversee online fundraising auctions and develop a more robust plan to implement monthly auctions as a consistent source of revenue
- Manage relationships with online fundraising partners (Classy, CharityBuzz, Omaze, etc.) and with auction item donors/prospects
Manage logistics and outreach for major fundraising initiatives and smaller, high touch awareness initiatives, such as the NYC Marathon, Next Generation Action Council events, Dine Out for Heroes, local and national house parties, donor cultivation events and annual fundraisers
- Develop invitation lists
- Maintain guest lists
- Manage individualized and specialized outreach
- Support ticketing and seating team for Stand Up for Heroes, our annual concert and comedy show
- Work with contractors to include Salesforce consultant, printer, etc.
- Project manage internal recommendations for major event invites
- Manage lists and outreach for smaller, non-BWF events where we assist with “filling the room”
- Assist with development of event collateral: program acknowledgments, partner logos, etc.
- Research individual, foundation and corporate donor prospects in terms of their capacity and inclination to support the mission
- Assist in managing current and prospective development volunteers
Critical Competencies for Success
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience
- Proven knowledge of Salesforce; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and acute attention to detail
- Strong research, analysis and data management skills
- Exceptional time management & organizational skills
- Professional accountability and a high level of personal integrity
- Fast learner with a positive, proactive attitude
- Team Player: Proven ability to work with others in a collaborative and harmonious manner, to achieve individual and collective goals and objectives.
- Ability to travel periodically and work on weekends or evenings as needed
- Commitment to the mission of BWF
For more information about the Bob Woodruff Foundation, visit www.bobwoodrufffoundation.org.
The Bob Woodruff Foundation has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Debbie Farrell, Senior Director, Leadership and Development
Harris Rand Lusk
122 E. 42nd Street, Suite 3605
New York, NY 10168
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Please include “BWF Salesforce” in the subject line of the email.