- Collaborate with internal stakeholders on major individual and institutional donor strategies, including the Executive Director, Chief Strategy Officer, Director of Business Development and Partner Engagement, and Board of Directors
- Support fundraising for BALLE’s flagship programs, including Fellowship and Summit
- Manage and cultivate a portfolio of current and prospective major institutional and individual donors across the East Coast and Mid-Atlantic to achieve contributed income in support of BALLE’s annual revenue goals
- Proactively grow and retain a pipeline of new donors by qualifying, cultivating, and soliciting new prospects with the capacity to make 4- to 5-figure charitable contributions
- Directly manage outreach, cultivation, and stewardship of a portfolio of individual and institutional donors, with a focus on retaining contributors and securing 5- and 6-figure charitable contributions
- Partner with leadership, board, staff, funding partners, and in some cases Fellows, to ensure that assigned major donor and institutional funder portfolio (including prospects) is engaged regularly through in-person meetings
- Manage Salesforce to ensure that all touchpoints with donors, funders, and prospects are tracked with a high degree of timeliness and accuracy
- Produce timely grant reports, Letters of Inquiry, and grant proposals
- Create and manage calendar for all donor activities, proposals, and report deadlines
- Research opportunities for new grants and donors
- Work with Director of Strategic Partnerships to recruit and monitor Summit sponsorships and charitable contributions
Provide exceptional stewardship of individual and institutional donors beyond in person meetings through impact reports, email, and other written correspondence
- Manage funder and donor communications from inception through delivery
- Create and deliver strategy, planning, and execution for individual donor appeal
- Manage implementation of annual/year-long individual donor appeal, including list segmentation, donation tracking, reports, and analysis
- Collaborate with Design and Digital Communication Specialist to create donor communications (letters, email, postcards, social media)
- Work with Director of Strategic Partnerships to identify and qualify major donor and institutional giving prospects across the Bay Area
- Passion for economic inclusion, social justice, and entrepreneurship
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- 4 years of experience in fund development, with a track record of successful individual and major donor solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship resulting in 4- and 5-figure charitable contributions
- Self-starter motivated to identify and seize new opportunities, taking a strategic, diligent, and entrepreneurial approach in donor and prospect outreach and cultivation
- Experience in using Salesforce or a comparable CRM database
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including follow through skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, deadlines, and work streams
- Possess results-orientation and an ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial culture
BALLE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a full-time position. BALLE offers a competitive compensation package, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 403b plan, and the opportunity to work with an amazing team.
To apply, please send your resume, two writing samples, salary expectations, and a cover letter that includes the following:
- Why you’re excited to work at BALLE.
- Demonstrated experience relevant to the role and how you meet the key criteria.
Send to Patricia McCarthy at [email protected] The application deadline is May 31, 2018 however applications will be evaluated as they arrive. No phone calls please.
Do you like this post?
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with