New York, NY
The Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice is the only philanthropic organization working exclusively to advance LGBTQI human rights around the globe. We support brilliant and brave grantee partners in the U.S. and internationally who challenge oppression and seed change. We work for racial, economic, social, and gender justice because we all deserve to live our lives freely, without fear, and with dignity.
The first grantmaker to hundreds of organizations, Astraea plays a catalytic role for LGBTQI organizations across the globe. Our grantee partners pursue strategies ranging from arts and cultural activism to international human rights advocacy and work on a diversity of issues such as trans human rights, LGBTQI immigrant rights and freedom from violence.
Development Interns work closely with Astraea’s Development Team to support and contribute to the foundation’s overall fundraising efforts. As a public foundation, Astraea raises every dollar it disburses, from institutional partners, bilateral entities, and individual donors. Interns can expect to be involved in myriad aspects of Astraea’s fundraising activities, and perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
- Conduct prospect research for individual donors, private foundations, corporate foundations and corporate giving programs, and international bilateral and government entities
- Draft report and/or proposal templates for institutional donors
- Support for mailings and other tasks related to donor communications
- Support for administrative tasks, from a learning/professional growth perspective
- Support for archiving individual and institutional donor files
Appropriate training will be provided for each activity, as needed. We strive to support our interns in their professional development.
Internships have a minimum commitment of 3 months. Arrangements can be made to work between 10 and 15 hours per week.
$10/Hour. School credits are accepted.