Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, and always open to new ideas and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Development Coordinator will report to the Director of Development, New York and be responsible for providing administrative support for all fundraising efforts in New York including culinary events, individual giving activities, and special events and projects. You will work closely with staff, volunteer leaders, chefs, donors and donor prospects to support a dynamic and growing program. The role will require travel, irregular hours and communication with volunteers outside regular business hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for event logistics and operations: ensure correct event collateral, day-of event revenue reporting and post-event reports, event outreach, guest lists, registration, volunteers, and live and silent auctions
- Steward, engage and partner with key volunteers committees and leaders in the market
- Manage and coordinate master mailings lists for the regional market; as well as all fundraising events.
- Coordinate and execute cultivation and stewardship mailing to prospective and current donors.
- Maintain event tracking reports and the Major Gifts pipeline to ensure accurate budgeting and projection processes.
- Draft executive briefings for all fundraising activities.
- Ensure that all pertinent information regarding Major Gifts and events contacts and prospects is entered into the database.
- Maintain a master calendar of deadlines for funding related materials including reports and proposals - and ensure timely internal review and submission.
- Research prospective fundraising sources and prepare documentation and materials for meetings and presentations as necessary.
- Oversee coordination of major donor outreach efforts.
- Manage timely acknowledgement process for donors, sponsors and chefs.
- Manage communications processes to include: event websites, regional emails, and social media.
- Maintain and grow existing relationships with local donors, chefs, mixologists, auction and in-kind donors by ensuring proactive and effective communication.
- Maintain all market budget workbooks and is responsible for submitting to related teams (Development, Culinary) twice monthly.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Has regular interaction and contact with the Share Our Strength New York team and internal staff, and externally with event committees, donors, prospects and vendor relationships including the event production company and other service providers.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Normal office work environment with 30-40% travel. Must be able to lift up to 30 lb.
- Bachelor's degree, plus at least 3 years of experience working in a non-profit environment.
- Experience with identifying and targeting potential new fundraising supporters.
- Some experience/familiarity with budgeting.
- Demonstrated strengths in working independently and proactively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment: meeting multiple concurrent deadlines and effectively organizing time and priorities.
- Very strong interpersonal, intercultural, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience with a fundraising database (Raisers Edge preferred), and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be comfortable working on concurrent projects and activities with poise and professionalism.
- Excellent information management, organizational, and analytical skills, with great attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter with a demonstrated high level of reliability and follow-through.
- Enthusiasm, a sense of humor, and a demonstrated passion for Share Our Strength's mission.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lb.
This position is classified as exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
At Share our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to eliminate childhood hunger. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results.
This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that each child in America has food where they Live, Learn, and Play.
Applicants should apply on the Share Our Strength Careers portal (link here).