Confluence Philanthropy is a non-profit, membership-based network with a mission to transform the practice of investing by aligning capital with our community’s values of sustainability, equity, and justice.
Members include private, public and community foundations; family offices; individual donors; and their values-aligned investment advisors representing over $3.5T in managed capital. Our members are committed to full values-alignment across all asset classes in their portfolios when prudent and feasible. Based in the U.S., Europe, Canada, Latin America, and East Africa, Confluence members collectively invest around the world.
The Development & Communications Director is an exceptional professional writer who is motivated by a competitive funding environment with the support of a highly engaged team. Applicants with a background in philanthropy, fundraising, values-aligned investing, and climate finance would be well suited to this position. This high-performing leader must easily grasp complex program concepts and use creativity to develop and execute communication strategies across multiple types of media, all with careful attention to detail and deadlines.
Reports to: Managing Director
Compensation: $90,000 - $100,000 plus full-time benefits including healthcare and retirement
Location – Non Negotiable: New York City / Tri State Area
Commitment: Must be available between 9 AM – 6PM ET Monday through Friday. May require some evening or weekend work.
Position Start Date: Open until filled with an immediate start
Fundraising (60% time)
Grant Writing: Work closely with the development and program teams to develop and submit funding requests, including grants and sponsorships. Conduct topical research and collaborate with a range of partners, members and external organizations to create winning proposals.
- Reporting: Create the organization’s annual report, grant reports and other marketing materials. Generate content using compelling member stories, data, infographics and other information provided by our program staff.
- Development Planning: Lead the Program Team to devise and implement annual fundraising plans and appeals.
Communications (40% time)
- External Marketing: Design, develop and disseminate print and online materials to promote Confluence’s brand and mission. Examples include writing and editing publication-ready thought leadership content, press releases, website content and blog posts, and event promos and mailings. Coordinate with marketing partners to execute visibility campaigns for Confluence and its initiatives. Develop and nurture relationships with journalists and media outlets covering the investment community.
- Social Media: Implement and manage the social media strategy and presence for Confluence programs and events, including coordinating and organizing content from members and staff.
- Degree in business, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience, graduate-level degree preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental and social investing and/or innovations in the philanthropic, social enterprise, and non-profit sectors.
- Fundraising and marketing experience in impact investing or related field desired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to organize ideas, synthesize information and turn objectives and messages into compelling and succinct narratives for philanthropic support.
- Passionate about the use of technology in marketing and communication, and facility with social media platforms required.
- Design experience (Adobe Suite) a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Displays exceptional time-management as needed for meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, efficient, with a self-directed work style.
- Ability to perform well under pressure, with patience and a sense of humor.
How to apply:
- Please send your resume, a cover letter, 3 professional writing samples, and 3 professional references to: David Estrada via email: [email protected]