The Fortune Society - New York
Reports to: Senior Director, Major Gifts
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Job Code: D114
Days/Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm, subject to change based on program needs
Apply here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=503377&t=1
The Development Associate will report directly to the Senior Director, Major Gifts. S/he will also work in close collaboration with the members of the Development Committee, the AVP of Development and Communications, and the Director of Design and Digital Media. S/he must be a critical thinker with a strong passion and interest in fundraising for a nationally recognized non-profit organization dedicated to supporting successful re-entry from prison and promoting alternatives to incarceration. A positive, collaborative work style and comfort in a multi-cultural, multi-generational environment is extremely important.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in achieving the goals set forth in an ambitious Fundraising Plan, targeting individual donors, including online campaigns, fundraising events, major donor outreach and cultivation;
- Manage and act as the power user of our donor database, Raiser’s Edge;
- Process individual contributions and thank you letters and produce batch reports in close coordination with our Finance team;
- Produce standard and complex reports and mailing lists, and record actions, events and appeals in Raiser’s Edge;
- Provide fundraising and donor reports for the purpose of data analysis, donor identification, and solicitation;
- Serve as the primary staff person responsible for note-taking and follow-up for Development Committee, 50th Anniversary Committee and event planning meetings;
- Manage all logistics, events, appeals and communications with our New York City Marathon team, the Fortune Flyers;
- Assist in all aspects of event and meeting planning; produce event management reports, including financial, check-in, and RSVP lists; recruit and manage event volunteers;
- Assist with managing event vendors and consultants with a keen eye toward cost savings;
- Assist in production of online/mail fundraising content;
- Conduct research on prospects and current donors. Prepare donor profiles;
- Assist in cultivating relationships with donors and donor prospects, as well as private foundations; and
- Other duties as required.
May at times carry out supervisory responsibilities of volunteers and interns; Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and engaging employees; addressing employee relations and resolving problems.
- BA preferred and/or 2-3 years of experience working in a relevant field;
- At least 2-3 years of experience using Raiser’s Edge;
- Exceptional written communication skills with great attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with donors, Board members, senior executive staff, interns and volunteers, and key project partners;
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, and to manage time effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment;
- Ability to be a strong team player and willingness to work as part of a diverse team with shared responsibility and accountability;
- Strong interest in professional growth and development in the fundraising field;
- Experience planning and executing events a plus;
- Knowledge of essential computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong desire to support the work of The Fortune Society by increasing unrestricted funding raised through major gifts and individual donations; and
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements - May require travel to our Harlem site along with some city-wide donor meetings, presentations, and events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Apply here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=503377
Be the first to comment
Sign in with