About The Tribeca Film Institute:
The Tribeca Film Institute partners with storytellers and joins them in breaking barriers of access, exposure, and sustainability in the media landscape.
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Development Associate’s primary responsibility is to help execute the individual giving strategy for Tribeca Film Institute (TFI). This person supports the management of TFI’s relationships with prospects and individual donors by engaging them in an authentic, positive way. The Development Associate also directly supports the production of the annual Tribeca Film Institute benefit and the Tribeca Film Festival VIP package program. Additional responsibilities include administration of the donor database (Salesforce) and routine donor communications, prospect research and preparation of materials, meeting coordination, and support of TFI board member engagement. The Development Associate also works closely with the Institutional Giving team and supports as needed.
Successful candidates are self-starters with the ability to work independently and manage projects that require input from various staff members. The ideal candidate will possess not only the requisite experience, but also superb communication and writing skills, good judgement, strong attention to detail, and a commitment to racial and gender equity.
Prospect and Donor Engagement Support (40%)
- Support the solicitation of major individual gifts throughout the year and for TFI fundraising events
- Work closely with program staff to generate content and gather information to create marketing materials for development purposes
- Research and help identify potential prospects and suggest strategies for engagement
- Create and distribute internal briefings in preparation for meetings with prospects
- Maintain lists of donors for events, engagement opportunities, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Individual Giving to create a system to prioritize and recognize top donors, as well as to encourage mid-level donors to increase support
- Brainstorm opportunities for strategic and meaningful engagement with programs for prospects and donors as appropriate
- Support the planning and execution of TFI cultivation events
- Identify online auction opportunities in partnership with CharityBuzz and Prizeo and support the development team in coordinating with those platforms
- Assist in communications with TFI’s board members and manage board engagement tools and materials
- Create read ahead materials for board committee calls
- Brainstorm and identify new opportunities to raise funds for TFI (i.e. marathons, benefits, etc.) and manage the execution of approved opportunities
- Research and create a recurring monthly online donation program
- Attend workshops, conferences, and events to keep current in the field as it pertains to TFI’s programming
- Contribute to the TFI newsletter
Events Coordination and Fulfillment (30%)
- Assist with the execution of fundraising events (may require some evening/weekend work) – including tracking package/ticket sales information, managing guest lists, proofreading all content/materials (invites, slide shows, donor communications), and handling logistics at will call including the leading/training of a small group of volunteers
- Support the VIP handling of top donors – this may include answering questions about the Festival’s programming and schedule, assisting with RSVPs, troubleshooting any problems on site, and taking care of special requests to ensure guest satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Tribeca Film Festival to assist with the VIP handling of TFI guests
Salesforce and Development Operations (25%)
- Maintain TFI’s CRM system, Salesforce – including management of up-to-date individual donor information, entering of accurate donor gifts, and pulling lists
- Assist with donor correspondence – including creating and sending out tax acknowledgement letters, creating and sending out event invitations, responding to donor inquiries with a high level of “white glove” service, and contributing to e-blasts and newsletters
- Customize and send hand written thank you notes for each donation sent in by an individual donor and identify opportunities to have leadership sign where appropriate
- Collaborate with Director of Individual Giving to create a system to recognize important milestones for top donors (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.)
- Support the collection of outstanding pledges
- Manage the matching gift needs of donors and identify ways to grow opportunities to receive donations through employer matching gifts
- Run individual giving reports in Salesforce as needed by development, finance, and leadership teams
Special Projects (5%)
- In partnership with the Director of Individual Giving and Institutional Partnerships team, lead the creation of the Annual Report, including data collection, story development, and timely publication
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Director of Individual Giving or Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience in donor relations or development required
- Salesforce (preferred) or other CRM database experience required
- Experience communicating with savvy funder audiences preferred
- Proficient in management of donor records
- Self-starter and fast learner with a positive, proactive, and entrepreneurial attitude
- Excellent judgment, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Drive to innovate and improve processes
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Detail and deadline oriented, with an ability to work well under pressure
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) non-exempt position with some after-hours, weekend work, and travel required. TFI intentionally considers candidates from historically underrepresented communities including ALAANA (Asian, LatinX, African, Arab, and Native American) populations and people with disabilities.
Compensation: Salary is competitive and dependent on experience. A comprehensive benefits package includes leave time, health insurance, transit benefits, and summer Fridays.
Candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to email@example.com with DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE in the subject line. PLEASE no phone calls.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will close when position is filled.