ioby seeks a Development Associate based in Brooklyn, NY. The Development Associate will play a critical role on our Growth Team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Philanthropy and working closely with the Community and Growth Manager, this team member will provide critical fundraising support for a growing organization. Responsibilities will include support for individual donor fundraising, including supporting others to make asks and close gifts (35%), prospect research on corporations, foundations, and individuals (30%), database management and systems improvement (25%), and providing administrative support, including coordinating mailings and scheduling meetings (10%). For the right candidate, this position is an exciting opportunity to shape the growth of a mission-driven, community-based tech startup while contributing to a broad movement of citizen-led neighborhood development. There is a lot of room to advance your career at ioby. To be considered for this position, you must apply by January 21, 2019.
Women, people of color, and LGBTQ people are always strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB OBJECTIVES AND ACTIVITIES
- Support Individual Donor Fundraising (35%): support writing and editing donor communications; respond to donor requests by email and phone; manage online giving system; process and track donations; track and manage Board gives and gets; track and move pipeline of major donor prospects; create reports for mailings and donor analysis; manage acknowledgements; provide support for fundraising events; process employer matched gifts, work closely with Growth team to meet annual fundraising goals.
- Prospect Research (30%): proactive and reactive research of corporate, foundation, and individual prospects to strengthen a pipeline of support for the organization; use prospect research tools; communicate information about prospects and suggested strategy to fundraisers.
- Database Management and Systems Improvement (25%): improve and build systems to support fundraising; improve customization of Salesforce for Growth team use; create reports in Salesforce (including segmenting and list management); support and train Growth team on best use of Salesforce as needed.
- Growth Team Administration (10%): manage donor mailings; maintain files; process mail; provide administrative support to Senior Director and other staff, including scheduling meetings with donors; other projects as assigned.
This job is based at ioby’s Brooklyn office. ioby’s regular business hours are 9–6pm Monday through Friday, but this job will require occasional work outside of regular business hours. ioby is a startup—you’ll be expected to bring new ideas, strategies, revise your work on short timelines, and bring an attitude of continuous improvement and a culture of innovation.
Candidates for this position must have the following work experience and characteristics:
- At least two years of development or related work experience
- Experience doing prospect research
- Experience with database design and management of donor pipeline
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Extreme comfort talking with individuals about gifts and donation management
- Willingness to being managed remotely
- 1–3 years experience using a CRM (preference for Salesforce experience above all else)
- Ability to quickly learn new applications/software
- Obsessively detail oriented, highly responsive, and discreet
- Capable of finding solutions on own
- Tenaciously driven to reach aggressive goals
- Flexible and has the ability to reprioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Donor/Customer oriented
- Finds creative systems solutions to work for different groups of people
- Be fulfilled by interaction with donors primarily in a donor relations/customer service capacity
- Believes in ioby’s mission and the power of resident-led action in making change
- Committed to racial and economic justice
The ideal candidate will have some of the following work experience and characteristics:
- 3+ years experience in nonprofit development/fundraising
- 3+ years experience customizing, designing and using Salesforce for donor management
- Experience working / being managed remotely
- Experience handling sensitive information
- Experience using team project management software (like Asana, Basecamp, Trello)
- Experience with events (logistics, vendors, lists)
- Experience “managing up”
- Experience working in an antiracist organization or with other anti-oppression work
To be considered for this position, you must apply by January 21, 2019.
This is a full-time, salaried position in the $45,000–$60,000 range, commensurate with experience, and includes a generous benefit package (including full coverage for health, vision, and dental, a minimum of 27 PTO days in addition to holidays, and an attractive "Whole Person" policy).
Visit https://ioby.workable.com/jobs/893222/candidates/new to apply.
ioby is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. ioby’s organizational policies, practices, programs, activities, and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships, and other terms and conditions of employment or voluntary service shall not be based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable law.