The Development Associate, Institutional Giving, is an integral member of the Institutional Advancement team, reporting to the Development Manager, Institutional Giving. They will work to support efforts to maintain and expand foundation giving, with responsibility for timely and accurate drafting and submission of grant reports, proposal renewals, as well as new proposals as needed. They will also ensure accurate tracking and record-keeping, and participate in a variety of fund-raising activities, including database management, events, annual giving, and communications as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Grant-writing and reporting
- Draft, edit and/or submit grant proposals, renewals and reports to foundation funders
- Research prospective foundation funders
- Help facilitate meetings with program staff in order to inform the fundraising process, including the clarification of deliverables, collection of highlights/examples of work and impact, keeping abreast of project-related work, and programmatic resource and related fundraising needs.
- Develop briefing memos for staff and board members on institutional donors and prospects.
- Prepare foundation profiles and memos as needed for meetings with foundation staff and/or leadership.
- Record and track all deadlines, ensuring timely submission of proposals, reports and deliverables
- Record notes, meetings, and foundation-related tasks in the database
Tracking and record-keeping
- Record and track all deadlines, notes, meetings, and foundation-related tasks in the database
- Monitor institutional funder activities and keep foundation records up to date
- Using the database and working with supervision, create and monitor moves management-related metrics, such as number and type of contact, proposals submitted, and amounts requested.
- Working collaboratively with outreach and communications staff, participate in database and list management, and support implementation of outreach and other mass emails.
Research and Reporting
- Research prospective foundation funders
- Provide draft reports on foundation giving for senior staff and board leadership
- Provide administrative support for the department, and for reporting to and meeting the requirements of Tides until no longer needed after spin.
- Working with development staff and the Executive Assistant, schedule funder calls and meetings
- Provide scheduling and logistical support for funder convenings and other events as needed
- Submit invoices and credit card statements as needed
- Other clerical and administrative duties as requested
- Provide written content for funder updates, website content, special events, stewardship, and electronic giving efforts, as needed
- Assist other development staff with drafting, editing, or proofreading fundraising appeals, cultivation materials, and other development-related communications as needed
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support other advancement staff and functions as needed.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- A. degree
- 3 years grant-writing or equivalent writing experience in a non-profit setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commitment to social justice and working knowledge of social justice issues and organizations
- Understanding of the non-profit sector and of fundamental fund-raising principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a wide and diverse population
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities, tasks, and deadlines.
- Detail oriented, with a friendly and optimistic demeanour.
- Demonstrated administrative, clerical, data entry, and office support skills, including scheduling and calendar management.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- A sense of humour, humility, and a collaborative spirit
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge, RENXT, or other CRM database
- Knowledge of social justice foundation funding sector
- Must be able to work in teams along with 1:1 with leadership and program staff on a range of development projects.
- Sitting for 8 hours/day with breaks as needed.
- Workspace in open plan office environment
Please use this link to apply: https://opportunityagenda.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=30&source=aWQ9OQ%3D%3D