About The Shed
Opening in spring 2019 where the High Line meets Hudson Yards on Manhattan's west side, The Shed will be dedicated to commissioning, producing, and presenting the full spectrum of performing arts, visual arts, and pop culture. From hip hop to classical music, painting and sculpture to literature, film to theater and dance, The Shed will bring together leading artists and thinkers from all disciplines under one roof. The building—a remarkable movable structure designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro in collaboration with Rockwell Group—physically transforms to support artists' most ambitious ideas. Committed to nurturing artistic invention and bringing creative experiences to the broadest possible audiences, The Shed, led by Artistic Director and CEO Alex Poots, will be a 21st-century space of and for New York City.
About the Position
The Shed seeks a Corporate Partnerships Associate to work as a member of a highly accomplished and skilled team. The Corporate Partnerships Associate will report to the Director of Corporate Strategy and Partnerships and will provide critical support for corporate partnerships for The Shed. Specifically, this role will be responsible for assisting in all activities related to The Shed’s current and prospective corporate partners including administrative support, proposal generation, marketing collateral development, sponsorship activation and benefit fulfillment, tracking, analysis, and reporting. In addition, the Corporate Partnerships Associate will assist in building, launching, and managing The Shed’s Corporate Membership Program, which will include administrative support, solicitation, and benefit fulfillment processes.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, and has very strong administrative skills.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Corporate Strategy and Partnerships including scheduling meetings; creating briefing materials; performing ongoing research and prospecting, and event support
- Assist in generating sponsorship proposals and grants, contracts, and final reports
- Oversee benefits fulfillment for active sponsors, including managing logo usage, crediting and visibility on relevant printed and digital materials; delivery of guest passes, invitations, etc.; coordinating onsite tours, programs and events; record keeping for constituencies, systems management for gift processing, gift acknowledgements and communication
- Oversee all sponsorship recapitulation and reporting requirements
- Assist with onsite visibility and integrated branding involving recognition on signage, printed materials, web/mobile, and other relevant platforms
- Evaluate the competitiveness of The Shed’s corporate sponsorship efforts through regular and systematic benchmarking of comparable institutions and monitoring news and trends in cultural sponsorships
- Assist in the launch of The Shed’s Corporate Membership Program including but not limited to general correspondence; mailings, acknowledgments; invoicing; benefit fulfillment; research; prospecting; benchmarking analysis; database maintenance; stewardship; reporting; and special events
Cross-Functional & Administrative
- Work in concert with the Director of Corporate Strategy and Partnerships to oversee relationship management and benefits fulfillment
- Marketing, Communications, Finance, as it relates to sponsor benefits, press, and crediting
- Curatorial/Program and Special Events departments to obtain information necessary for sponsorship and grant proposals
Qualifications and Qualities
- 2-3 years professional experience in corporate fundraising or corporate sponsorships at for-profit or non-profit organizations. Sales/marketing and/or development experience also relevant, preferably in non-profit or arts-related organization
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment is required
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a highly motivated, energetic team
- Strong computer skills essential. Experience with Tessitura highly useful.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Expected to have flexible hours for special projects that have certain deadlines
- Understanding and enthusiasm for The Shed’s mission; and demonstrated interest in and appreciation of the arts.
- Comfort at a new, rapidly growing organization that is in the process of developing policies, procedures, and fundraising goals;
- High demand on administrative services is expected
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Corporate Partnerships Associate” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
The Shed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.