Reports To: Senior Director of Development
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Schedule: Generally Monday through Friday. Work days and hours may shift depending on scheduling needs; typical schedule will be 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; flexibility required.
The Corporate Partnership Director will be responsible for developing and executing The Center’s stewardship and engagement strategy for corporate donors and key external partners; serve as a visible advocate for the department’s corporate and fundraising efforts and cultivate a diverse range of corporate and third-party partners for The Center. This individual will also be responsible for ensuring that key policies and procedures in support of The Center’s corporate fundraising efforts are implemented.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the fundraising cycle for all corporate donors and prospects from identification through to stewardship.
- Develop, propose and execute strategies for solicitation of new corporate partnerships and sponsorships.
- Develop and secure corporate sponsorships for fundraising events and Center programs, sponsorships not tied to specific events, and strategic in-kind contributions.
- Cultivate and steward corporate partners throughout the course of the year and strategize ways engage them in non-fundraising initiatives that are beneficial both to The Center and corporate partners.
- Create compelling proposals for submission to potential, existing or lapsed corporate funders and acknowledgment strategy
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Development, assist with strategy and execution of The Center’s annual corporate partnership program and help to grow corporate programmatic support.
- Serve as a lead representative for corporate cultivation, attending events and programs where such relationships can be established/grown and proactively steward corporate relationships.
- Support Executive Director, senior staff and Board members in their outreach to corporate partners, including research and giving reports, to maximize corporate engagement and sponsorships.
- Supervise and support Partnership Coordinator.
- Along with the Partnership Coordinator, strategize the yearly calendar for corporate volunteer opportunities for maximum impact and relationship growth.
- Work collaboratively with other members of Development team to strategize, prepare fundraising asks, and provide resources to increase giving potential across all fundraising areas.
- Lead meetings and serve as liaison for all corporate partners, serving as a representative of The Center.
- Increase opportunities for corporate matching gifts and employee designated giving campaigns.
- Coordinate and oversee the corporate partnership assistance (volunteers, temporary help or other staff as applicable) to ensure effective policies and procedures governing our corporate fundraising work are carried out, administrative tasks are executed and relevant research and other efforts are pursued.
- In coordination with the Senior Director of Communications, develop key corporate partnership materials while leveraging our communications and social media assets to bolster corporate fundraising plans.
- Assist the Senior Director of Development in all aspects of corporate fundraising efforts, special projects and the integration of the partnership and engagement strategy efforts of the Partnership Coordinator.
- Set strategy for and supervise key external stakeholder groups, including the Young Leaders and the Center Ambassadors.
- In collaboration with the Special Events Director and Partnership Coordinator, evaluate requests for third-party events and campaigns to be executed on our behalf.
- Set and manage corporate donor expectations and anticipate donor needs and potential problems.
- Continuously track and document all communications and fundraising plans for corporate partners in Salesforce.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a fast-paced business or nonprofit environment (management experience preferred but not required).
- Knowledge of nonprofit fundraising standards for gift recording and acknowledgment requirements as well as basic understanding of fund accounting principles.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and to set and stick to priorities.
- Prior experience successfully managing multiple projects and familiarity with meeting corporate fundraising goals and management of corporate relations
- Computer proficiency with Word and Excel, including merges, and formulas.
- Excellent knowledge of relational database management systems (Salesforce knowledge is a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of personalities including staff, volunteers and members of the public.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- High level of initiative, dependability, flexibility and sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- A strong commitment to the mission of The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Community Center.
To apply, click the below link.
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center
208 West 13th Street, NYC 10011
The Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.