The Center for Court Innovation is a non-profit organization that works to create a more effective and humane justice system by performing original research and helping launch reforms around the world. The Center creates operating projects that have been documented to reduce the use of jail and prison, assist victims of crime, and strengthen communities. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research and provides consulting services to justice innovators.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Human Resources, the Center is looking for a bright, outgoing, energetic self-starter. The Coordinator is responsible for assisting with many of the day to day Human Resource functions including new hire processing, orientation and on-boarding, and personnel inquiries. This position will play a key role in supporting an environment that reinforces the Center’s mission and values.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Support the day-to-day activities of the Center’s Human Resources department, including organizing and managing data and files;
- Collaborate with designated project sites to support HR needs, including occasional site visits;
- Manage the Human Resources database and personnel records;
- Respond to staff inquires related to personnel policies and the employee handbook;
- Edit and format personnel and administrative policies and procedures;
- Assist in the planning and coordination of monthly new employee orientation;
- Support personnel on-boarding (inclu. Background checks and drug testing authorization);
- Respond to employee verification requests;
- Prepare materials for presentations and trainings;
- Manage the attendance records for mandatory trainings;
- Assist with coordination of summer internship programs;
- Assist with employee complaints and investigations;
- Support Deputy Director with special projects as needed;
- Perform other duties as necessary to support Department activities.
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years relevant work experience. The ideal candidate will have training or experience in human resources. This position requires an outgoing, detail-oriented person who can multi-task and get things done efficiently. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills. Candidate must be a skilled communicator able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment, maintain collaborative relationships, and work well with colleagues. Candidate must have proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Basic knowledge of HTML a plus. Experience with JazzHR or other applicant tracking systems highly desired.
Click here to apply.
Deadline to Apply: 05/03/2019
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer. The Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other category protected by law. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities as well as individuals with prior contact with the criminal justice system.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Visit our website at www.courtinnovation.org.
The Center for Court Innovation is a project of the Fund for the City of New York.