About TCC Group
TCC Group collaborates with leaders to solve complex social problems. As a mission-drivenconsulting firm and certified B Corporation, TCC Group partners with foundations, nonprofits, and companies to propel positive social change through strategy, capacity building, initiative design, strategic communication, management, and evaluation. We design and implement solutions for social impact by immersing ourselves in interconnected communities and systems, co-creating innovative and effective processes, and applying and sharing our experience with the field.
TCC Group is built on the commitment and experience of our people. We are a diverse group of inspired problem-solvers—committed to collaborative learning and our collective contribution to building an effective social sector. People come here to make an impact, and we seek engaged, driven, and inspired individuals to join our team.
At TCC Group you have the opportunity to develop new skills, gain new experiences, and grow as we learn from each other. You will put your expertise, energy, and creativity to work in the service of doing good.
About TCC Group’s Integrated Initiatives Team
The Integrated Initiatives Team at TCC Group tackles complex social problems through integrated action, informed by deep listening, intentional engagement, critical analysis, and bold approaches. We help nonprofits, companies, and foundations achieve their goals through the careful choreography of multiple program components, well-integrated and implemented for lasting impact.
About the Position
TCC is currently seeking an energetic self-starter with a curious mind and a collaborative spirit to join the Integrated Initiatives team as a full-time Consultant in our New York City Office.
The Consultant will contribute to program management and implementation services, including ongoing strategic program design, grant-making, stakeholder engagement, communication, and business development. Applicants should have specific grantmaking experience – working for a foundation or corporate giving entity and knowledge of current best practices in grantmaking are critical to this role. Applicants should thrive in fast-paced environments where solutions-based thinking and creative approaches are deeply valued and critical to success of the overall project. Given the nature of the position, experience in a consulting position will also be prioritized. Experienced Program Officers and Project Managers are encouraged to apply.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will:
Lead 2-3 projects within a large client portfolio (40%)
- Provide day-to-day and year-long project management including building workplans and timelines and ensuring efficient and timely completion of tasks by coordinating project teams across multiple business lines, delegating tasks and monitoring work flow
- Continually monitor and update budgets, workplans and revenue projections for projects and project staff and regularly communicating progress on project work plans
- Lead and participate in face-to-face and online meetings by setting agendas, facilitation, note- taking (on flip charts and/or electronically) and writing/reviewing summaries of these notes
- Manage relationships with grant partners and other stakeholders
- General client relations, including telephone and email communication, and in-person meetings
Conduct and Supervise Grants Management (30%)
- Develop and refine grantmaking tools including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), strategic criteria, review guides and processes, reports, check in interview guides and tools for grantee data collection
- Develop and train External Review Committees and participatory grantmaking practices – including facilitation of grantmaking decision making meetings
- Supervise grantmaking and management process, ensuring timely implementation
- In partnership with the Grants and Systems Manager, coordinate and align grantmaking practices – including tools and processes – across project teams
- Review grants to make recommendations
- Develop strategic outreach lists for potential grant partnerships and conduct high touch outreach, including relationship development, for potential long-term partners
Design and Implement Programs (30%)
Data Collection and Analysis
- Assist in the design of quantitative and qualitative evaluation tools such as surveys, interview guides, site visit guides, evaluation frameworks, focus group guides, etc.
- Conduct and document individual and group interviews, listening sessions, and surveys (e.g., with staff, grantees, researchers, policy makers, community members, etc.); analyzing and summarizing interview data
- Collect information from published and on-line sources, in a systematic manner
- Analyze and summarize collected information from published and on-line sources, surveys, listening sessions, and interviews; and draft results of research into various reports and presentations.
- Read and understand logic models to create communication materials and evaluation tools.
- Participate in team meetings to collectively develop findings and recommendations
- Support development of materials presenting analysis and recommendations for clients
Facilitation and Presentation
- Develop meeting agendas– specifically creative and responsive grantee convenings that capitalize on grantee expertise and create space for shared learning and collaboration
- Identify and build relationships with stakeholders that complement grantee shared learning and collaboration, and can train grantee cohorts
- Support the Integrated Initiatives team in planning and facilitating meetings with staff, community, grantees, review committees, and other stakeholders
- Prepare dynamic, visually appealing client-ready presentations (e.g., PowerPoint reports, narrative documents, tables and graphs, etc.)
- Prepare and manage strategic communications associated with grantee cohorts (e.g., emails, bulletins, program announcements, web content, social media promotions, andday-to-day communications via phone and email
- Assist in proposal-writing and sales calls with prospective clients
- Develop relationships with potential partners and clients at learning events,
- conferences, etc.
- oGeneral reading on issues and events in the practice areas
- oDevelop and execute discrete projects that advance business line and firm internal
- development (such as R&D, professional development, and information sharing)
- oManage prospective clients/leads in Deltek Database
Desired Skills and Background
Education and Experience
- 5-7 years professional experience along with an advanced degree OR 7-9 years related professional experience
- Project management superpowers
- Grantmaking savvy
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Budget management experience
- Knowledge/experience in health and/or social justice demonstrated through prior work experience and/or volunteer work
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Proven track record of moving and driving projects to completion
- Agency/consultant firm experience
- Some knowledge of HIV, reproductive justice and women’s rights, mental health, and substance use disorders
- Knowledge of grantmaking systems, specifically Fluxx
- Habits of Work
- Ability to multitask and juggle competing priorities; experienced and comfortable managing up down and sideways – and delegating – many moving parts of complex projects to executehigh-quality products
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments
- Creative and self-reflective
- Self-starter but collaborative, team player
- Skilled in being direct yet graceful, organized and planned yet adaptive, and thoughtful in afast-paced environment.
- Open-minded and ready to try new approaches to old practices
Please submit resume and cover letter for the “Consultant- Integrated Initiatives” position by clicking:
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until August 16, 2019. Short-listed candidates may be contacted prior to application deadline.
No telephone calls or emails, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best- qualified employee.