Contact: Jukay Hsu , firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Measurable Impact
We teach adults from low-income and diverse communities how to code and help them get engineering jobs in tech. Our graduates go from making $18,000 to over $85,000 a year, going from poverty to the middle class. Graduates are hired at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, IBM, Jet, JPMorgan Chase. Participants are representative of the diversity of the NYC community with over 50% women, 60% African American or Hispanic, and 50% immigrant, and 50% without a college education.
Best-in-class Partners & Team
C4Q is a social enterprise startup backed by leaders across technology, business, and philanthropy. We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Blackstone, Salesforce, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook, Artsy, Dropbox, and LinkedIn.
Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team. Our staff brings expertise and leadership across multiple sectors and industries: graduates of Harvard Business School and Wharton; previous Bain & Company and Bridgewater Associates; experience launching the national #GivingTuesday campaign; and engineers from NYTimes, Uber, Google.
Opportunity for Growth
C4Q is a rapidly growing startup that’s scaling to make national impact. Founded in 2011, C4Q has doubled in budget and staff each year over the past 4 years. Just three years ago we had only two employees. We are currently a team of 20 and anticipate doubling our team to 40 this year. In addition to scaling funding and staff, we are investing in scaling complexity as we tackle important challenges in our community.
Culture and Values
- Giving Our All
- Absolute Performance
- Data-Driven, Human Judgment
In addition to our values, our characteristics bind our values and form the basis of our team and community.
The Business Development Manager will work with C4Q’s best in class funding and supporters across philanthropy, business, and tech including RobinHood, Blackstone, and Google for Entrepreneurs.The Business Development Manager is responsible for the prospecting, development, and retention of strong brand relationships with tech companies, as well as furthering our mission and goals. The Business Development Manager will develop robust partnership strategies and methodologies, deliver on ambitious targets, and collaborate on major initiatives as well as see them through to success.
- Build, manage, and retain hiring partnerships with established tech companies, startups, dev shops, and connectors (from prospecting to conversion and retention)
- Work directly with the Head of Student Success to create and manage towards ambitious hiring partnership goals
- Create hiring partnership strategies that drive student placement results
- Expand and Diversify C4Q’s hiring partnership network to include firms that offer tech roles across various industries
- Leverage data, insights, and measurement to build innovative marketing communication plans that reach hiring partners and achieve both C4Q and partner goals
- Be an internal advocate for hiring partners by working with Access Code Program teams to respond to partner needs and feedback
- Work with our Fundraising team to identify opportunities to further engage existing hiring partners or to create hiring opportunities from existing funding partners
- Identify areas of additional value add to our partners and to C4Q
- 5+ years experience in sales/relationship management/account management/marketing
- Established industry relationships and experience working with executive level business and/or hiring managers within client organizations
- Proven track record of exceeding partnership or revenue goals
- Ability to analyze data and trends in order to derive optimal sales and marketing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills- able to track and manage multiple threads at once and to consistently respond in a timely and effective manner
- Strong team player and ability to succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while maintaining high levels of operational rigor and business excellence
- Nice to haves: Familiarity and interest in tech sector and/or non-profits, commitment to diversity and inclusion, experience working with underrepresented communities