The END Fund is one of the world’s leading philanthropic investment vehicles. Since our inception in 2012, the team has mobilized over $75 million in private investments and by the end of 2016 treated over 150 million people at risk of neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). In a short time, the END Fund has established a strong track record in private philanthropic giving, technical expertise, advocacy and policy, working toward a vision to ensure people can live healthy and prosperous lives free of the risk of NTDs. The END Fund’s mission is to aid in bringing an end to the most prevalent neglected diseases (NTDs) among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
The END Fund accomplishes this by:
- Mobilizing and investing resources to where they can have maximum impact;
- Advocating for innovative, integrated and cost-effective NTD programs; and
- Facilitating private sector engagement to end diseases of neglect.
The END Fund’s strategic programming and priorities are in line with the global NTD community’s common roadmap to control or eliminate the most common NTDs. The END Fund has a special emphasis on southern Africa and currently supports NTD programs in over 25 countries.
The high-level goal of the Strategy & Operations (S&O) department at the END Fund is to design and implement the decision-making, planning, and evaluation processes of the Fund as a means to enhance its strategic objectives: effective grantmaking and advocacy to end the most prevalent NTDs among the world’s poorest people. As the Fund enters a period of significant projected growth and organizational change, S&O is responsible for strengthening the organization’s strategic plans, operational systems, human resources, and relations with internal and external stakeholders to optimize performance while ensuring alignment both culturally and operationally.
The END Fund is seeking a bright, multitasking, mission-driven professional to support the initiatives of the Strategy & Operations team, particularly around staff recruitment and development, internal systems and database support, and special projects to promote operational effectiveness of the organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a collaborative mindset who is interested in learning about the operations and human resources functions of a philanthropic organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of the Strategy & Operations team
- Schedule S&O team meetings, create agendas and work plans, take minutes, and assign and track follow-up tasks
- Provide administrative support for the VP Strategy & Operations, including expense reporting, travel and logistics management, limited calendaring, etc.
- Manage department invoices and payments to vendors, including consultant contracts, insurance payments, and recurring systems vendor payments
- Support initiatives to improve workflow, information sharing and data collection, including data entry projects in Salesforce, inputting and tracking team-based or interdepartmental projects in Asana, preparing or editing presentations for internal or external stakeholders, etc.
Play a key role in staff recruitment and team development
- Support the recruitment and on-boarding efforts of a rapidly growing organization, including drafting job descriptions, maintaining candidate files, scheduling, filing, and other tasks as assigned
- Provide support for benefits administration, including enrollments and renewals with the END Fund’s benefits providers
- Manage or assist on planning and execution of team development projects, including staff retreats, staff outings and learning activities
Support special projects for the team and broader organization
- Support logistics around Board of Directors meetings and trips, office relocation (January 2018), etc.
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
- Strategic about achieving objectives; handles multiple projects simultaneously with excellent follow through and attention to detail;
- A self-starter motivated by an entrepreneurial and results-oriented culture;
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with a facility for preparing and clearly presenting information to multiple audiences and a keen editing eye;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and the highest level of discretion with confidential human resources files;
- Adheres to the highest professional and ethical standards, and would represent the END Fund externally with the utmost respect;
- Passionate about philanthropy, international issues and public health, with a global mindset and perspective; and
- Proactive communicator and collaborator who enjoys working in a dynamic, evolving team.
- Knowledge and experience with Salesforce preferred
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, Google products (i.e. Drive, Mail, Calendar, sync tools, etc.)
- Experience with both Mac and PC operating systems preferred
SALARY and BENEFITS
The END Fund seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate, Strategy & Operations” in the subject line.
The END Fund is an equal opportunity employer.