Mission Investors Exchange (MIE)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Mission Investors Exchange (MIE) is the leading voice for philanthropy and mission-aligned investors in the impact investing market. A national network of over 250 foundations and affiliate members, MIE offers a robust platform for sharing tools and best practices, empowers foundations and other investors to take bolder steps to align their assets with mission, provides access to investment opportunities, and promotes the policy and market conditions necessary to grow the impact investing field.
The impact investing field is rapidly growing with supportive new regulatory and policy changes, new on ramps and platforms for investing, and significant new funding commitments from a range of different types of investors. More foundations and mission-aligned investors are going beyond traditional grant-making and utilizing program-related and mission-related investments to tackle the world's most intractable social and environmental issues, from climate change and global health to education and quality jobs. MIE is leveraging its membership network and long experience in the field to capitalize on these new opportunities and propel the field forward.
MIE core members are foundations and other mission-aligned investors engaged in impact investing. A range of different affiliate members work with these foundations and investors to aggregate and deploy capital. MIE members pay dues to gain access to and participate in comprehensive educational offerings such as in-person and virtual trainings and convenings, including a national conference, regional gatherings, and Mission Investing Institutes; sector-based communities of practice; leadership forums; and research, case studies, how-to templates and tools, the Mission Investment Database, and other resources. MIE will be significantly expanding its products and services over the coming year, including more platforms to enable members to share and gain access to investment opportunities.
For more information on Mission Investors Exchange, please visit https://www.missioninvestors.org/
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We seek an energetic and talented individual to join our team in New York City or Seattle, WA. The Associate plays a key role in Mission Investors Exchange by supporting the coordination of communications, program development, and member services. The ideal candidate must be able to work flexibly in a collaborative environment and be willing to assist wherever a need arises.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Harvest news alerts for impact investing articles and resources, and proactively identify mission investments being made by members and others
- Organize, compile and ensure timely delivery of a monthly electronic newsletter
- Curate and post content onto the Mission Investors Exchange website
- Manage MIE’s twitter account and keep abreast of member and field activities
- Manage member lists and work with program team to ensure program announcements are reaching the appropriate target audience
- Coordinate electronic mailings
Program and Member Services
- Provide project management and production assistance for programs, publications, and evaluations
- Support the coordination of logistics and registration for programs and events
- Support membership onboarding and annual renewal process
- Maintain and keep member-related information up to date, run timely reports, and prepare dashboards in Salesforce
Grants Management and Administration
- Help manage the grants calendar and online grant portals, and support the collection of data for grant reporting
- Route member inquiries by phone and email to appropriate staff
- Process office mail and route to appropriate staff and/or office
- Coordinate internal technology systems
- Minimum three years in multiple project management and related work experience
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills, including writing and copy editing
- Experience leveraging Salesforce or other CRMs and website content management systems to meet organizational goals
- Experience using communication and social media tools such as Mailchimp, Twitter, Adobe products, etc.
- Demonstrated success managing projects and interacting with a team on complex assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint and ability and desire to learn new software tools
- College degree preferred
ELEMENTS NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE POSITION:
- Commitment to Mission Investors Exchange’s mission and deep interest and/or experience in impact investing, philanthropy or membership organizations
- Proven customer service ethic, high expectation for quality, and attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines
- A high level of intellectual curiosity with an enthusiasm for working on a small team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with diplomacy and good humor
Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience
New York, NY or Seattle, WA
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating why you would be a good fit for this position to email@example.com including ‘associate application’ in the subject line. The position will be open until filled. References will be requested of final candidates.
Mission Investors Exchange seeks to drive social change in an increasingly multicultural country and globally connected world. MIE values diverse experiences and depends on a diverse staff to carry out its mission. As an equal opportunity employer, MIE encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination.