The Center for Court Innovation, a project of the Fund for the City of New York, is a non-profit organization that promotes new thinking about how to reduce crime and incarceration while strengthening public trust in justice. The Center creates operating projects, including the award-winning Red Hook Community Justice Center and Midtown Community Court, that have been documented to improve public safety and reduce the use of jail and prison. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research on topics of justice reform and provides consulting services to criminal justice innovators.
The Center is seeking an Associate Director. Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Associate Director will work closely with various Center staff and operating projects to build new strategic external relationships and partnerships, support fundraising efforts, and coordinate with Center teams on a public relations strategy for targeting new and current donors and partners.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with Director of Strategic Partnerships, coordinate Center lobbying efforts at the City and State level, including representing the Center’s interests with elected officials, scheduling meetings with elected officials and their staff, organizing and drafting testimony, and tracking and reporting on lobbying efforts both internally and externally;
- Coordinate Center-wide multi-phase annual City Council member item and budget request and work with Development team in application coordination, drafting, and administrative tasks;
- Research and develop relationships with newly elected officials and explore new channels of support;
- Facilitate the Center’s ad hoc lobbying working group through the planning of quarterly meetings, providing updates to staff, and managing staff participation in lobbying activities;
- Supervise Strategic Partnerships interns in daily tasks;
Donor and Major Gift Cultivation
- Research and identify potential individual and corporate donors and cultivate donor relationships;
- At direction of Director of Strategic Partnerships, serve as liaison to new and existing individual and corporate donors;
- Track private donor outreach and engagement;
- Support Development staff in fundraising solicitations and fundraising events, as needed;
New Partner Engagement and External Relations
- At the direction of the Strategic Partnerships Director, serve as liaison, where appropriate, on outreach matters with current and new stakeholders and partners;
- Support Center teams in the creation of content to reach new and existing target groups including donors and elected officials;
- Research, identify and plan public platform opportunities for Center staff that promote Center visibility.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or above with a minimum of 3-4 years of demonstrated success in government relations, fundraising and/or public relations. Exceptional writing and time management abilities together with outstanding oral presentation and public speaking skills are required. Candidate must be an outgoing, proactive, skilled communicator able to establish and maintain strong relationships with a host of external entities while managing multiple concurrent projects. Candidate may be asked to travel throughout New York State region.
Position Type: Full-time
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits package.
Location: Manhattan, NY
How to apply:
Send resume, cover letter, salary requirements and a writing sample to:
Subject line: Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships
Attn.: Dipal Shah
Center for Court Innovation
520 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018
Fax (212) 397-0985
E-mail: [email protected]
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Date Posted: 09/12/17
Deadline to Apply: 10/06/17
Visit our website at www.courtinnovation.org.
The Fund for the City of New York/Center for Court Innovation is an equal opportunity employer.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with