Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Become a force for nature and healthy planet by joining our New York team! The Nature Conservancy is addressing the world’s most pressing conservation challenges with solutions that benefit people and nature. For more than 60 years, we’ve been working in NY to do just that! You can be a part of our mission, plus contribute to our exciting growth right here in the Empire state.
We are looking for an individual with significant fundraising or business development experience who wants to make a difference for nature and people. The Conservancy is a global conservation leader and one of the top fundraising charities in the United States. In New York City, we have a dynamic foundation and corporate relations team that is seeking to reach ambitious, multi-million-dollar goals for the Conservancy’s mission to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. The team is strategic and ambitious, and we have fun as we build strong, impactful relationships between the Conservancy and the leading foundations and corporations in New York City. We are looking for smart, entrepreneurial, and exceptionally emotionally-intelligent go-getters who can manage and foster solid relationships externally and internally for lasting success.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience om corporate sales, business development, and/or foundation fundraising or an equivalent combination.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents.
- Experience in asking for and closing gifts of $50,000 or more.
- Experience in developing strategic engagements and large funding opportunities.
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with fundraising principles and practices.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts or planned giving.
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
- Ability to design and manage fundraising plans, including individualized cultivation, solicitation and recognition plans.
- Ability to determine an individual’s interests, capacity and potential for helping the Conservancy meet its goals, and act appropriately to tie those interests with the Conservancy’s work.
- Ability to educate and inform prospective and existing donors about appropriate giving vehicles. Proven ability to negotiate complex, high profile or sensitive agreements.
- Working knowledge of charitable gift planning.
- Experience working in a large and matrixed non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated experience using listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships and motivate donors and volunteers.
- Demonstrated capacity in written and oral presentations. Experience with PowerPoint is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
About The Nature Conservancy
Since its founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide. With the support of more than one million members, the Conservancy addresses the most pressing threats to our natural world. Through important and strategic partnerships, we are expanding the impact of our work, finding creative ways to fund that bigger vision and building long-term relationships with communities, government agencies and commercial businesses in order to conserve natural resources at a new scale.
With the support of more than one million members, the Conservancy addresses the most pressing threats to people and nature, working in wild places and in human settled areas including cities. Since its founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide. Through important and strategic partnerships, we are expanding the impact of our work, finding creative ways to pursue our vision of a world where people and nature thrive together, and building long-term relationships with communities and community organizations, government agencies, and commercial businesses. We create partnerships to apply nature based solutions to both climate change and the meeting of human needs while conserving natural resources at a new scale.
How To Apply
If you are interested in working to save the planet, want to work in a collaborative environment, and like a great benefits package then visit http://www.nature.org/careers for more information and to submit your cover letter and resume for position number 46781. Application deadline is 11:59 pm EST on Tuesday, September 11, 2018.
This position is based in New York City, NY.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with