About Third Wave Fund
Third Wave Fund is the only activist fund led by and for women of color, intersex, queer, and trans folks under 35 years old in the US.
We ensure young women, queer, and trans youth of color have the tools and resources they need to lead powerful movements, and that they have a seat at the table within philanthropy.
Third Wave supports gender and reproductive justice groups from the ground up with rapid response grants, long-term funding for emerging groups, and capacity building. Third Wave is fiscally sponsored by Proteus Fund. Proteus Fund partners with foundations, advocates and individual donors to advance democracy, human rights, and peace.
Provide key programmatic support. You will work closely with applicants, grantees, and program staff to ensure clear communication and that all materials are received and organized. You will also support the Sex Worker Giving Circle with program and event logistics.
Provide fundraising support by tracking donations, writing thank you cards, and providing support for events including our annual fundraiser Gender Bash.
Implement key organizational projects and provide other organizational support. You will work closely with staff to provide logistics for staff retreats and other projects to ensure we have a thriving organization.
You are attentive to details and systems minded. You love - or at least, are very comfortable with - a spreadsheet, database, and other project management tools.
You are values-driven. You have a strong commitment to Gender Justice and can navigate the nuances or contradictions that may come up being in philanthropy.
You are a problem solver and an accountable self-starter. You know when to ask for help, but also don’t mind brainstorming potential solutions ahead of talking with your team. You can look at a page of notes, pull out the follow-up items, and get started.
You enjoy a mix of different types of projects. Work spread across fundraising, grantmaking programs, and organization support can be challenging. You are someone who enjoys supporting a range of departments, while staying organized enough to make sure they are all moving along simultaneously.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- At least 2 years of experience in social justice work, including experience in one or more of the following fields: gender justice, reproductive health and justice, racial justice, leadership development, education, labor, and safety/anti-violence.
- Strong creative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including effective and professional verbal and written communications with a diverse range of people.
- To be self-motivated and a team player. A sense of humor and a constructive outlook are a plus.
- To be able to independently set and achieve goals.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of databases, MS Excel, and Word required.
- Strong organizational skills.
New York City, Chicago, and Seattle preferred. Candidates based elsewhere in the US also eligible to apply. Some travel required.
The Proteus Fund offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive, progressive benefit program to attract, retain, and motivate a high-performing and dedicated workforce. The range for this position is $40,000 - $45,000. This position is a 32-hour, Monday-Thursday, full-time position.
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references in a single pdf to [email protected] by February 28, 2019 with subject line: ADMIN ASST – [YOUR LAST NAME]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of February 18, 2019.