Title: Jr Account Manager
Business Unit: NYC Business Solutions
Benefits: 20 days PTO, group insurance, 401(k)
Contact: [email protected]
Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses and nonprofits are the engines of inclusive growth in underserved markets. Serving as trusted advisor to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations, we are a mission-driven consulting firm bringing strategic and financial expertise to revitalize communities, grow businesses, and create jobs. Our work includes directly serving small businesses and nonprofits to help them grow, as well as advising public and private institutions at a systems level to drive sustainable and equitable development solutions in communities across the US.
We look for professionals who aim to combine their diverse backgrounds and experiences with a passion for mission, offering our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good. Next Street is a for-profit ‘business for good’ and a certified B Corporation with offices in Boston, New York City, and Chicago.
NYC Business Solutions Centers
For the last four years, Next Street has operated the NYC Business Solutions, Lower Manhattan Center, a brick-and-mortar facility, which is funded by the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS). Each Center works with entrepreneurs and small business owners at various stages of company development, from newly launched to established businesses. In January 2016, we added a second Center in Queens to our portfolio. Through the Centers, Next Street offers an array of business planning, financial, workforce training, recruitment, M/WBE certification, and other services to NYC entrepreneurs and small businesses. Each year the Centers see an average of 3,200 businesses providing them with over 4,500 services. Under Next Street's leadership, we have facilitated 840 loans for businesses, helping them access 382 approvals at over $26 million in financing through our lending partners, and helped more than 1,000 businesses source over 3,000 employees, dramatically impacting job growth in their communities. The Centers have also helped over 100 minority and woman-owned businesses apply for M/WBE Certification with the City of New York.
The NYC Business Solutions team is an extension of our Client Solutions unit and plays a pivotal role in helping to establish our presence and influence in New York City’s Small Business ecosystem. Whether working with small businesses and non-profits or large institutions and government and economic development organizations, we deliver solutions to clients that advance organizations’ strategy, growth, capacity, and impact. As part of our team, you will work closely with our Firm’s leadership, general delivery, and Corporate teams to ensure that the services delivered by the Center have a lasting impact and establish a long term relationship with our Firm.
Next Street is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual to serve as an Account Manager of the NYC Business Solutions, Queens Center which is operated by Next Street.
The Account Manager will be responsible for performing their day-to day duties while pacing towards the Center’s goals, and will report to Next Street’s Director of the NYC Business Solutions, Queens Center.
- Deliver the NYC Business Solutions set of services to businesses to ensure the Queens BSC is regularly exceeding goals set by NYC Department of Small Business Services and Next Street leadership
- Engage with a wide range of small businesses to understand their needs and make recommendations for the types of resources and services the City can provide these businesses to help them be successful
- Serve as the Center’s lead small business financing expert
- Create, review, and analyze financial statements and provide insight and guidance to clients on the financial health of their business and capital options most relevant to them
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the small business financing landscape and serve as a connector and advocate for clients to financial providers and lenders
- Drive business development and marketing efforts to attract, cultivate and retain clients as well as other key stakeholders to meet program goals
- Support the development of the Center’s business development strategy
- Respond to all customer inquiries and document interactions using the City’s CRM system in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with SBS and Next Street’s customer service standards
- Use the City’s CRM system to capture and manage customer interactions
- Collaborate across Next Street offices to ensure our clients have access to the full range of strategic, financial, and operational advice our firm offers
- Attend morning, evening, and weekend events, as necessary, in the interest of strengthening partnerships and business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years experience in consumer/retail or commercial banking or small business financing
- Solid understanding of the small business landscape and business assistance services in New York City
- Direct experience in or familiarity with small business loan underwriting
- Experience using customer relationship management tools or other database systems in order to track and manage services and outcomes
- Proven analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with a commitment to high standards of excellence
- Solid work ethic and high level of professional integrity
- Ability to manage towards goals in order to ensure the successful achievement of those goals by specific deadlines.
- A willingness to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.