Next Street: Where teamwork and entrepreneurship meet
Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses are the engines of inclusive growth in underserved markets. Serving as trusted advisor to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations,
Next Street revolutionizes how organizations provide capital, customers and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs. We create strategies and tools for public, private and social institutions to drive equitable small business growth in the communities across the US. Next Street directly serves hundreds of individual businesses every day through tailored small business development services and programs.
We look for professionals who aim to combine their diverse backgrounds and experiences with a passion for mission, offering our team members an unparalleled opportunity to work at the intersection of doing well and doing good. Next Street is a for-profit ‘business for good’ and a certified B Corporation with offices in New York City, Chicago, and Boston.
NYC Business Solutions Centers
Next Street has operated NYC Business Solutions Centers, in partnership with the NYC Department of Small Business Services (SBS), since 2012. Each Center serves as a one-stop resource center for entrepreneurs and small business owners at various stages, from newly launched to established businesses. The Centers offer an array of free services such as business management courses, financing assistance, legal counseling, staff recruitment and training, and M/WBE certification. Each year the Centers serve over 3.500 businesses on average.
Next Street is seeking a dynamic and entrepreneurial individual to serve as an Account Manager at NYC Business Solutions, Queens Center which is operated by Next Street. The Account Manager will have direct ownership over and responsibility for three service lines, which are critical to helping small businesses navigate City government resources and get support needed to sustain and grow their businesses. The Account Manager will be have the opportunity to positively impact hundreds of small business owners a year.
- Connect small business clients to services and resources needed to sustain or scale their business
- Manage and implement three service lines - M/WBE Certification, Navigating Government and Customized Training – to meet annual targets
- M/WBE Certification: Guide clients thru NYC’s M/WBE Certification application; work with them to secure documents needed
- Navigating Government: Secure compliance appointments for storefront clients
- Customized Training: Educate and recruit clients to apply for Customized Training grants
- Collaborate with teammates to deliver the NYC Business Solutions full set of services to businesses and ensure the team is regularly exceeding annual goals
- Engage with a wide range of small businesses to understand their needs and recommend services the City can provide to better support small businesses
- Instruct and facilitate courses on service line topics and other courses
- Respond to all customer inquiries in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with quality assurance best practices and Center standards
- Manage Center’s marketing efforts and drive business development to attract, cultivate and retain clients as well as other key stakeholders
- Support and implement the team’s business development plans; monitor and analyze those activities
- Engage community-based organizations, community boards, BIDs, and other relevant stakeholders interested in engaging businesses and improving the access that they have to support services
Center Management & Operations
- Perform prompt data entry after service delivery
- Provide feedback to team members, the Center Director, Next Street management and SBS to improve the system’s ability to achieve outcomes and provide high-quality services
- Collaborate across Next Street teams to ensure our client’s strategic, financial, and organizational needs are met and learnings are shared
- Attend morning, evening, and weekend events, as necessary, in the interest of strengthening partnerships and business development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience in consumer/retail or commercial banking or small business financing
- Solid understanding of the small business landscape and business assistance services in New York City
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Experience using customer relationship management tools or other database systems in order to track and manage services and outcomes
- Proven analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and a high degree of initiative
- Ability to plan and collaborate with many individuals and stakeholders
- Aptitude to manage towards goal deadlines to ensure the successful achievement of those goals
- Flexible, adaptable, customer-focused, and goal-oriented with a commitment to high standards
- Spanish or Mandarin speaking is a plus
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
To apply please follow this link on our website.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with