SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, ENVIRONMENT
The JPB Foundation, a national philanthropy based in New York seeks a Senior Administrative Assistant. The mission of the JPB Foundation is “to enhance the quality of life in the United States through transformational initiatives that promote the health of our communities by creating opportunities for those in poverty, supporting pioneering medical research and enriching and sustaining the environment”. As such, the Foundation’s work focuses in three program areas: Poverty, Medical Research and the Environment. The three programs work in close collaboration pursuing integrated approaches wherever possible and funding issues that reach across program areas. The Environment Program’s goal is to provide opportunities to sustain the environment.
The JPB Foundation utilizes four primary strategies in its grantmaking:
- supporting research and dissemination;
- identifying causes to barriers and evaluating promising practices;
- scaling high quality, evidence-based practices and
- building the capacity of organizations and fields.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide direct support for the Vice President of Environment and the Environment Team. She/he will work as part of a collaborative and flexible team to support the overall operation and administration of The JPB Foundation at all times.
- Interact with a diverse group of external callers and visitors
- Communicate the values and objectives of The JPB Foundation
- Plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload
- Manage calendars, schedule and coordinate meetings for the Vice President of the Environment Program and key staff
- Ensure appropriate materials (including agendas and background information) are prepared for meetings, and coordinate logistics of meetings
- As needed, attend meetings to record minutes, document follow up items, and circulate meeting summaries to appropriate parties
- Coordinate travel and itineraries for Vice President and key staff
- Coordinate and manage events and special initiative projects
- Assist with the design, development, and preparation of documents, reports and presentations
- Organize and maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Handle requests for information, preparing written responses to inquiries and as needed
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails, work with database (Alta)
- Receive and direct visitors
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- General clerical duties including filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Competencies and Behaviors
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction
- Ability to see projects to completion with strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Pleasant phone manner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and tact with sensitivity to issues of confidentiality
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team-oriented, enjoys working in a collaborative environment and developing effective working relationships internally and externally
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point). MicroEdge Gifts, a plus, but not required
How to apply:
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: HR@jpbfoundation.org. Include job code JPB-SAA, E in subject line. The JPB Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks diverse candidates and offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
Application Deadline: May 1, 2016
Do you like this post?