The full-time Communications, Marketing, and Outreach Manager will manage external communications and marketing by developing and implementing innovative strategies, crafting creative youth-engaging messaging, and growing the organization’s online presence and network. The Manager will focus on managing day-to-day communications, overseeing social media needs, and executing Girl Be Heard’s long-term, strategic communications goals.
- Supervise the updating and strengthening of media/press lists, writing of press releases, and cultivation of relationships with press to cover events and news.
- Hire and manage freelancers. Run production of all original content for Girl Be Heard, including, but not limited to youtube videos, photo shoots, artist collaborations, campaigns, and instagram take overs.
- Create a working marketing budget. Leverage contacts to create social media attention and help find pro bono support when appropriate.
- Guide Communications Associate in preparing press kits and creating other print and digital marketing collateral.
- Leverage social media platforms to open dialogue on current events, connect with our stakeholders, and engage potential funders and celebrity supporters.
- Establish and ensure a consistent voice and clear posting system across all social media platforms.
- Oversee ongoing web content maintenance.
- Oversee story-driven, data-driven, and impactful print and digital content, including Girl Be Heard’s annual impact report.
- Monitor online engagement and utilize analytics to amend and refine strategy, and to develop reports for staff and board members.
- Establish communications plan to ensure that all Girl Be Heard events andperformances are adequately promoted through channels such as social media, email marketing, and the website.
- Develop marketing strategies to increase ticket sales and revenue from events and performances.
- Liaise with board of directors’ communications committee to design and approve new marketing materials.
- Manage and oversee logistics for special projects that have a design element.
- Knowledge of a broad range of local and global human rights issues with a commitment to equity and inclusion respecting differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socioeconomic circumstance.
- Committed to youth empowerment work.
- Inspired by peacebuilding, and commitment to building a world based on compassion, justice and love.
- Highly collaborative, flexible, responsive, positive, and kind.
- Willing to work outside of normal business hours if necessary.
- BA or BS in a communications, public relations, and/or marketing-related field.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and flair for using social networking speak.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms, MailChimp (or related email marketing platform), Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, SquareSpace, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Photography/videography/graphic design experience a plus.
Salary range $50-$60K, commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation days and holidays, as well as Citibike membership, discounted gym memberships, and pre-tax transit benefit.
How to apply:
Send cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to [email protected]. Include “Communications Manager – (your name)” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but priority will be given to those received by January 31st, 2020.
Girl Be Heard’s mission is to develop, amplify, and celebrate the voices of young women and gender nonconforming youth through socially conscious theatre-making. We bring global issues affecting youth center stage by creating cutting-edge, cause-related theatre – inspired, written and performed by our participants (12-21) — that is thought-provoking and actionable. Our shows give voice to issues that our participants care about most (such as bullying, body image, and self harm). Our company also takes on global issues affecting girls worldwide such as sex trafficking, forced child marriage, and gender-based violence.
Girl Be Heard’s education curriculum encourages our participants to think critically about social justice, challenge stereotypes, foster friendships, and build tools for bringing about positive change in their communities. Our programs are housed in 13 sites in NYC.
We're a young and energetic team that values a collegial, transparent environment. We work hard to support each other in all ways. We value innovators, people with big ideas and even bigger passion and know-how to make those ideas happen. This is a growth opportunity for the right person looking to really take ownership of an important aspect of our organization and guide us to the next level.
Girl Be Heard’s office is located in DUMBO, Brooklyn, and is air-conditioned and located in a wheelchair accessible building. Girl Be Heard seeks a broad spectrum of employees and is strongly committed to a diverse and equitable work environment. Queer individuals, trans people, people of color, and women are highly encouraged to apply. Girl Be Heard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin, ability, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, religion, or belief.
Learn more about Girl Be Heard by visiting girlbeheard.org or Instagram.com/girlbeheard