Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. With offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City, Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
- Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential, and should be accountable to these ends.
- The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected.
- Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals, and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance.
- As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments.
For more information on Wellspring Philanthropic Fund, please visit www.wpfund.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
For the full job description: https://wpfund.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/SOGIE-Program-Associate-JD.pdf
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks a program associate to join its Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity & Expression Program (SOGIE). WPF’s SOGIE Program seeks to confront and dismantle entrenched homophobia and transphobia and to build a world in which all LGBTQI people, including the most marginalized, enjoy full autonomy, safety, dignity, and rights. The program associate plays a key role in providing grantmaking support and coordinating programmatic tasks for the team.
The Program Associate reports to the Program Director and works collaboratively with the SOGIE Sr. Program Officers, Program Officers, Administrative Assistant, Grants Management team, and other Wellspring staff. Day-to-day, the Program Associate contributes to the following key priorities:
- Grants Process Coordination
- Communications, and
- Team coordination and support
HOW TO APPLY
For employment consideration, please submit application to [email protected] Subject Line: “SOGIE Program Associate-[Your name].” All applications must include:
- a resumé;
- a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity
(i.e. job portal, referral, etc.) and salary minimum requirements; and
- an analytical writing sample (3-5 pages) attached as PDF.
No phone calls please.
NOTE: All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire to be considered for these positions.