ABOUT THE POSITION
The Office of Development leads the development and marketing-communications efforts at HMRI. The Development Coordinator supports the Office of Development’s mission to cultivate and engage donors to generate philanthropic revenue from individuals, foundations, corporations, donor-advised funds, bequests, in-kind-gifts, etc. to support the funding priorities of HMRI. In pursuit of these goals, the Development Coordinator provides effective operations support for fundraising, constituent management, and marketing-communications activities including, but not limited to, constituent records tracking, database reports, appeals, gift processing and reports, preparation of philanthropic grant proposals, communications projects and timelines, events, and volunteer coordination. The Development Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Development Officer and interfaces with other HMRI staff member as appropriate.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years of development/fundraising and non-profit experience required.
- Minimum of five years of experience providing administrative support required.
- Operates with discretion, integrity and confidentially.
- Database management experience required, including a minimum of three years of experience working with Raiser’s Edge.
- Outstanding computer skills, proficient with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good judgment and decision-making ability.
- Takes initiative, is a resourceful, reliable, and conscientious self-starter with excellent attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
- Anticipates needs before others ask.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, building respect, consensus, and trust across reporting lines.
- Comfortable working in a scientific research and educational environment.
- Comfortable working in a hybrid environment, remote location and in-person, as needed.
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment and has a collegial spirit in sharing ideas and receiving constructive feedback.
Non-exempt, salary range $26.44 - 33.65/hr ($55,000-$70,000 annually)