ABOUT THE POSITION
Senior Assistant, Boston Marathon – Jimmy Fund Walk
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Embody Dana-Farber’s Core Values: Impact; Excellence; Compassion & Respect; and Discovery every day. Add value to the Dana-Farber community by seeking opportunities to collaborate across the Institute. Foster an ethical, positive, results-oriented culture founded on open communication.
Dana-Farber is pursuing an ambitious, multi-year fundraising effort to change the future of cancer research and care: The Dana-Farber Campaign. This $2 billion campaign is the largest in the Institute’s history and one of the largest ever in the U.S. focused solely on cancer. Philanthropy raised through The Dana-Farber Campaign will accelerate the Institute’s strategic priorities by supporting revolutionary science, extraordinary care, exceptional expertise, and essential opportunities—helping us prevent, treat, and Defy Cancer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Revenue responsibility of $200,000
- Primary contact for a portfolio of teams in the Boston Marathon® Jimmy Fund Walk.
o Complete donor visits to participants, Team Captains, and Pacesetters, yielding 30 calls/face-to-face meetings annually.
o Strategize with partner business units to expand high-capacity walker’s opportunities with the organization.
o Outreach to Unassigned Team Captains and first-time Unassigned walkers.
- Coordinate the Walk Team’s weekly update to the division including the year to date (YTD) Revenue.
- Oversee Walk’s Community Fundraising Events (tracking event forms, recording proceeds, etc.)
- Manage Restricted Fundraising program.
o Liaise with fiscal department and contacts in oncology department to ensure funds raised are credited and acknowledged appropriately.
o Complete daily, weekly, and monthly processes to ensure funds raised by restricted teams are properly designated.
o Work with the Assistant Director II, Institute Initiatives, on sending alerts notifying departments on a team has restricted funds to them.
- Support Assistant Director II, Institute Initiatives, as needed (including but not limited to)
o Pre-event planning for all employee-specific events.
- Provide administrative support to the Assistant Vice President, Associate Director of Stewardship, and Senior Associate Director II, Marketing, including managing correspondence, mail, expense reports, travel arrangements and appointments. Specifically including (but not limited to):
o Monthly P-card reconciliation for AVP; Director, Stewardship; Senior Associate Director II, Marketing; and Assistant Director II, Institute Initiatives.
o Uploads for contacts into internal databases for AVP; Director, Stewardship; Senior Associate Director II, Marketing; and Assistant Director II, Institute Initiatives, as well as contact uploads for entire Walk team outreach.
o Stewardship event-related logistics, such as tracking RSVPs and updating EMS/CV, creating nametags, making slideshows, and more. These events include, but are not limited to, Pacesetter Exclusive Events, etc.
o Oversee scheduling Stewardship and Walk Staff meetings and circulating meeting minutes.
o Complete weekly reports/processes for Stewardship team as needed ($1K+ report, Prospect Manager updates, assignment process for prospect research, etc.)
o Oversee annual review of Prospect Manager assignments and update databases as needed.
o Monthly collection and processing of dining pavilion canisters.
o Oversee walker tracking spreadsheet and deadlines to identify stories for marketing materials, emails, social media, etc.
o Track and facilitate ordering of business card spreadsheets for teams that qualify.
- Schedule meetings as required for the Assistant Vice President, assist in the coordination of these meetings making necessary arrangements, and taking meeting minutes if required.
- Provide back-up to the Walk Assistant to respond to calls, and emails from participants, volunteers, donors, and inquiries; suggest appropriate responses and inform supervisor when the situation merits his attention.
- Provide back-up support to Walk Assistant for weekly mail processing and gift processing.
- Provide support for front desk and related duties as requested and needed.
- Assume major responsibilities/a leadership role regarding set-up and logistics on event weekend.
- Work with Donor Relations on all Honor Roll processes.
- Provide additional support for division related to the Boston Marathon® Jimmy Fund Walk inquiries.
- Participate in at least one other organization’s event.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
Associate degree and/or administrative training degree required. As this level position is often considered a “base” for someone pursuing a career in Philanthropy, a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. 1-3 years of administrative experience.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required:
Strong written and verbal communications skills are necessary with a strong orientation to customer service. Superior organizational skills and ability to manage a variety of projects is key. Solid computer skills and competency in Microsoft Office Suite products is necessary.
This position will evaluate current programs and create and execute approved plans to expand and diversify the donors and participants for the events assigned in order to broaden our donor base and create even more inclusive events. Experience with diverse donors is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply. Working Conditions:
This position is considered remote, up to 1 day in the office at 10 Brookline Place, Brookline, MA each week. Some overtime required. DFCI guidelines state that employees must reside within New England: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont.