ABOUT THE POSITION
Trust and Estate Administration
Williams is pleased to announce an opening for our Assistant Director of Trust and Estate Administration, a vital role working closely with the Gift Planning team within the Development Office. Reporting to the Director of Trust and Estate Administration, the Assistant Director works collaboratively to administer complex current and future planned gift arrangements. This position is eligible for up to two days per week remote work subject to approval and policy.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: overseeing life income fund administration including establishing accounts, asset movement, data integrity and donor/beneficiary communications, managing estate administration from the point of notification to closure of estate, and also providing technical assistance to fundraising staff for the solicitation and acceptance of gifts. This position also works collaboratively with various departments including finance, accounting, college relations, legal and investment offices. They will guide planned gift donors, their families and advisors through the gifting process, with a deep appreciation of the sensitive and personal nature of their support.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher and at least 3 years of relevant experience
- JD, MBA, or designation such as CPA, CFP, CTFA or paralegal certificate preferred
- Experience in trusts and estates, through experience in charitable gift planning, financial, philanthropic and estate planning, wealth management, financial services, law, tax, and/or accounting securities and investments
- Experience managing multiple responsibilities and multi-step projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team on sensitive and confidential matters
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel, and the ability to maintain databases and keep meticulous records are essential; knowledge of gift calculator software (e.g. PG Calc) and WorkDay are desirable
Application review will begin on February 7, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled. Pay range is from $63,000 to $75,000, commensurate with experience. Job band 2-D. Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply - all applications will be reviewed by the search committee.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable. A COVID-19 vaccine and booster or approved exemption and participation in our testing program are required as a condition of employment at Williams.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at [email protected].
$63,000 to $75,000
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information or to apply.