Philanthropy and the social sector grapple with the wake of the recent Capitol insurrection and presidential inauguration...
- In Inside Philanthropy, Mike Scutari looks at the role that philanthropy could have played in fighting misinformation and the tools and resources that can be used in this effort going forward.
- In Nonprofit Quarterly, Crystal Hayling calls for the transfer of power to Black women, communities of color, and lasting movement work.
- Vu Lee reminds us on Nonprofit AF that the collective trauma we have experienced over the last year and beyond may continue to reverberate for some time to come.
...and the turning of the calendar year gives us the opportunity to look back at 2020 to see how philanthropy has stepped up and where to go from here.
- The Center for Effective Philanthropy’s Foundations Respond to Crisis reports find that foundations have shifted in their giving and practices in response to COVID-19 and the fight for racial justice.
- TCC Group’s report Approaching the Intersection: Will a Global Pandemic and National Movement for Racial Justice Take Philanthropy Beyond Its Silos?, however, argues that moving beyond funding silos, even in this time of crisis, will require fundamental changes in the way philanthropy operates and sees its role.