The Jain Family Institute (“JFI”) is seeking a VP, Strategy & Operations to assist with the management of ongoing and upcoming projects. This hire will report to the COO, and work on a team that includes an Operations Lead, in managing the regular operations of the organization.
JFI Strategy supervises projects across our three primary areas of work (guaranteed income, digital ethics, and higher education finance), offering direction to our research teams and engaging outside partners to amplify or support our work as needed. It engages in regular dialogue with like-minded organizations and trusted advisors to develop new ideas for future work. And it facilitates internal collaboration, drawing support from PR/Communications, fellows and members of the research team to plan and execute major projects.
JFI Operations looks after human resources (including diversity and inclusion), budget & payroll, professional services (legal, accounting, IT, etc.), facilities, and services. It also manages organizational culture, including regular staff meetings, social events, and retreats.
The VP, Strategy & Operations should anticipate devoting approximately 70% of their time to Strategy and 30% to Operations.
The full-time position includes full benefits and a competitive salary.
How To Apply
If you are interested, please send the following application materials to
[email protected] in one PDF file:
- Resume with contact information
- Letter of interest describing your fit for the role
Please submit these materials at your earliest convenience. We have a priority deadline of Friday, November 6th but will be considering applications on a rolling basis and as needed thereafter.
- Support COO in coordinating ongoing projects across all three pillars of JFI’s work
- Support CEO and COO in researching new initiatives and assessing potential collaborations / partnerships
- Design and develop presentations and speaking points for internal and external audiences, including agendas and materials for fundraising, client or partner meetings
- Facilitate collaboration between Project Leads and PR/Comms in support of broader strategic objectives
- Spearhead improvements to the budget process, including preparing quarterly updates to project leads
- Maintain database of external meetings, ensuring timely follow-up and proactively identifying opportunities for collaboration when opportunities emerge at a later date
- Supporting COO in evaluating, and improving as appropriate, organizational structure
- Working with Operations Lead to support COO in managing budget, recruiting, communications, and technical operations
- Support various Operations Team responsibilities as needed such as organizing regular staff meetings, as well as engaging and boosting team morale
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 4+ years experience in consulting or non-profit management
- BA or more advanced degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner and to recognize the “big picture”
- Strong organizational abilities, with particular experience preparing pitch decks and spreadsheets
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to conduct independent research on new areas of opportunities and provide informed feedback to COO & CEO
- Broad familiarity with JFI’s areas of focus, and with the norms and major institutions of philanthropy, policy and social science research
- Entrepreneurial disposition, with a tolerance for ambiguity and complexity, a bias for action and the ability to anticipate the needs of JFI leadership
- Interest in developing a leadership role in non-profit organizations
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Full benefits, including healthcare, dental, and vision, NYC Metro area transit costs covered 100% by employer, 401(k) with company matching, unlimited PTO, and more!
- Full-time (approximately 40 hours per week)
- The position will be remote at least until the end of 2020, though there may be opportunities, if so desired, to work from our Manhattan office on occasion
- However, you will need to be present and online during your set working hours, and as needed for research meetings and presentations. Our typical hours are 10am – 6pm ET
- You must be located in the New York City area or willing to relocate when it is safe to do so (likely in early 2021)
JFI is an applied research organization in the social sciences. We work to bring just and equitable research and policy from conception in theory to implementation in society. Our current initiatives include applied research in higher education finance, guaranteed income, and digital ethics.
JFI is firmly committed to the principle of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We believe that the quality of our work and research is immensely strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, experience, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, and more. We actively seek and welcome applicants who identify as BIPOC, women, members of the LGBTQIA community, persons with disabilities, and people at the intersections and peripheries of these identities, from across the spectrum of disciplines and methods. For details about our staff and current projects, see http://www.jainfamilyinstitute.org
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with