The Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED) seeks an energetic, experienced professional to join our entrepreneurial team. The Vice President for Development will work under the supervision of the President/CEO to develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan, expand CNHED’s philanthropic and government funding sources, and strengthen the sustainability of an innovative, growing association advancing community development in the District.
CNHED is a dynamic, member-driven association whose mission is to foster just and equitable community development solutions to address the needs and aspirations of low- and moderate-income District residents. Formed in 2000 from the merger of two predecessor organizations, CNHED represents 140 organizational members, including nonprofit and for-profit affordable housing developers, housing counseling and service agencies, workforce and business development entities, lenders, and government agencies. Through the power of convening and collaborating with diverse stakeholders, CNHED advances practitioner-driven solutions to community development challenges.
- Collaborate with the President/CEO to establish and implement a sustainable fundraising strategy with a long-term approach to capture diverse revenue sources, including grants, contracts, membership dues, sponsorships, earned revenue, etc.
- Prospect for new funding sources and sponsorships
- Collaborate with the President/CEO to develop and manage key funding relationships
- Recruit new members
Grant Writing and Reporting
- Collaborate with other CNHED staff to envision, draft, and submit grant and contract proposals
- Track, draft, and submit grant and contract reports
- Liaise with other staff to report CNHED accomplishments and activities
Skill Set Sought
- A strong commitment to social, economic, and racial justice
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and think strategically, both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to set, manage, and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Familiarity with District of Columbia’s philanthropic sector, government contracting, and/or broader community development field preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, with demonstrated experience in nonprofit resource development or grant/contract writing and management required
CNHED offers and encourages regular opportunities for career development by subsidizing employees to attend training courses and to obtain certifications.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $95,000-$105,000, commensurate with experience, education, and track record of accomplishments. CNHED offers a competitive benefits package including 100% individual health, dental, and vision insurance, employer retirement contributions, paid vacation and sick leave, a transportation subsidy, and an optional deferred salary retirement plan. This is a non-exempt position.
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.