The Coordinator, President’s Office, provides administrative support to the President and Chief of Staff, working effectively and efficiently within the President’s Office team. In this role, s/he anticipates, takes initiative, and adapts to changing environments and priorities, and demonstrates the ability to be diplomatic, flexible, and discreet with confidential information. The Coordinator maintains knowledge on all organizational policies and procedures, stays informed and up-to-date on the activities and achievements of the Foundation, and displays interest and enthusiasm in the Foundation’s work with a positive attitude and inquisitive mind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives and routes incoming calls to the President’s Office
- Greets/directs guests of the President’s Office
- Manages all incoming electronic and USPS correspondence
- Arranges and coordinates appointments for the President with Foundation staff
- Books domestic and international travel for the President
- Prepares the President’s and Chief of Staff’s expense reports
- Creates briefing and meeting folders
- Manages production of meeting and background materials
- Creates and manages consultant and vendor contracts and invoices
Workflow Management and Support
- Prepares and distributes weekly Heads-Up tracker for staff regarding President’s upcoming meetings
- Serves as liaison with Meeting Planning and Events team and manages meeting bookings in Condeco
- Manages the President’s Open House
- Provides tech support for the President’s meetings (AV, Blue Jeans, Skype, etc.)
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and endorses the mission and values of the Foundation
- Participates in special projects and Foundation working groups
- Undertakes other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The position is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The work environment is an office setting. Intermittent physical activities will include bending, reaching, sitting, and walking during working hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with physical disabilities to perform the job.
- A bachelor’s degree is desirable
- Minimum of three years of relevant administrative experience, preferably in a C-Suite environment
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills are essential
- Strong proficiency in working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and willing to learn new technology and programs
Please follow instructions online here at MacArthur Foundation.