About the Medina Foundation
Founded in 1947, the Medina Foundation is a Seattle-based foundation that focuses its giving in 14 counties in the greater Puget Sound region. With a staff of 3.5 employees and a board of 10 Trustees, the Foundation grants approximately $4 million annually.
We focus on improving the lives of Puget Sound residents by funding programs that help people meet basic needs and achieve self-sufficiency. Our primary areas of funding include: family support, housing and homelessness, youth development, education, hunger, and economic opportunity.
More information about the Foundation can be found at www.medinafoundation.org.
Medina’s Grants and Operations Manager is taking a six-week sabbatical this year, and we are looking for a temporary employee to work 20 hours/week for approximately 10 weeks (from the beginning of May through the beginning of July) from our downtown Seattle office to ensure that the primary tasks are covered. This position would be a good job for someone interested in an introduction to foundation work and/or grants management. This position will work with the Grants and Operations Manager for about three weeks before the sabbatical, with the Executive Director for the six weeks during the sabbatical, and a final week with the Grants and Operations Manager to wrap up.
- Assist grantees and applicants with navigating the e-grant system (via phone and email)
- Schedule site visits and other meetings for foundation staff
- Provide administrative and logistical support to Foundation staff and Trustees as needed
- Process letters of inquiry
- Process final reports
- Respond to general grant inquiries
- Assist with office operations including processing mail, ordering food for meetings, filing administrative documents, ordering supplies as needed, etc.
- Process grant agreements and mail grant checks
- Assist with Trustee meeting preparations, grant approvals, preparing check requests, and mailing contracts/decision letters
- Assist with preparation of board packets
- Review website for clarity, accuracy, consistency, and ease of use
- Research and data compilation, as needed
- Assist with newsletter preparation (if applicable)
- Compile grants list for January – June (for website update)
- Other projects as needed
Strong skills are needed in the following areas:
- Data management
- Attention to detail
- Project management
Salary and Hours
This is a temporary, part-time position (20 hours a week for approximately 10 weeks, from the beginning of May through the beginning of July). Schedule is flexible, but expectation is to work at least three days/week in office. Compensation is $22/hour. A bus pass will be provided if needed. Schedule is flexible, but expectation is working at least three days/week in office.
Email a PDF version of a cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday, April 1st.
The Medina Foundation is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.