About the New England Foundation for the Arts:
The New England Foundation for the Arts (NEFA) is a 501(c)3 organization with an annual budget of $7.5 million. NEFA invests in artists and communities and fosters equitable access to the arts, enriching the cultural landscape in New England and the nation.
As an organization, NEFA values an equitable, diverse, and inclusive world, which we interpret as all people having fair access to the tools and resources they need to realize creative and community endeavors. We acknowledge structural inequities that have excluded individuals and communities from opportunities based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, class, age, and geography and strive to counter those inequities in our work.
NEFA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is invested in creating an equitable and inclusive working environment and organizational culture. We are committed to hiring individuals who share, value, and support these goals, and who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. NEFA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Position:
The Technology & Data Associate reports to the Technology & Data Manager and is a critical member of the NEFA team assisting with grant program administration, data maintenance and reporting, information technology and technical support across the organization. The Associate works in close partnership with data and research staff to manage NEFA’s Salesforce database and provides administrative and logistical support to program staff to execute grant and panel processes.
The Technology & Data Associate will be a curious, quick learner, who is interested in continuous learning and adept with new technologies; they will be a collaborative thinker who works well with people across backgrounds and learning styles. This is a new position and may evolve over time.
Technical and Office Support – 40% of time
- Understand NEFA’s business processes and partner with program and administrative personnel to identify needs and research/test new technology solutions for all areas of the organization;
- Serve as front-line “help desk” to NEFA staff for all computing and tech issues, troubleshoot as needed;
- Act as co-administrator for Office365, Box, and other key technologies;
- Design and lead training sessions and “tool tips” discussions for NEFA staff;
- Participate in cross-organizational technology strategy meetings.
Data Administration – 30% of time
- Perform administrative tasks in Salesforce database, including page layout and design and custom reports; test and install newly released updates and patches for Salesforce and related apps;
- Participate in monthly grants data review and consult with Technology & Data Manager and other internal partners around technical and internal data priorities and decisions;
- Provide ongoing operational support of data import/exports, reporting, and editing of online grant forms;
- Maintain data integrity through regular data hygiene reviews, data cleansing tools and daily backups;
- Collaborate with development staff to produce and clean required reports for funders and external stakeholders;
- Partner with Communications staff on data transfers between Salesforce and nefa.org;
- Maintain updated documentation of process and procedures.
Grant Program Administration – 20% of time
- Provide cross-program support by helping to produce panel meeting materials, including panel books, and offering on-site logistical and technical support at meetings and events as needed;
- Provide technical assistance to grantees and applicants as they navigate NEFA’s grants portal;
- Attend cross-program staff and research meetings, and meet regularly with individual programs, to assess needs and offer support.
Connecting & Learning – 10% of time
- Represent the program and organization at conferences, meetings, performances, and other events; report on learning and outcomes;
- Participate in organization-wide convenings and events, planning sessions, and working groups.
Does this position supervise others? No
Build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with all staff. Work in close partnership with tech, research, and grant program staff to ensure data integrity, assess tech needs, improve IT infrastructure, and provide technical support at events and panel meetings. Provide superior customer service to grant applicants, grantees, program advisors, vendors, and event participants.
Financial/Operational Resources Impacted: None
Decision Making/Problem Solving
Perform needs assessments and research, test, and recommend new tools and systems with an eye toward greater efficiency and improving NEFA’s infrastructure; provide superior customer service to NEFA staff, grantees, grant applicants, and other constituents and stakeholders; diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues across the organization and assess and implement solutions; assist with meeting and event logistics and provide on-site technical support; maintain NEFA’s Salesforce database and systems and ensure data integrity.
Salary Range: $40,000 – 45,000
Opportunities for Advancement
Employees at the associate level are eligible for promotion after one year of employment and having demonstrated satisfactory progress on performance goals as determined by their immediate supervisor.
- 0-1 years relevant work experience, or equivalent education;
- Strong communication, organizational, and customer service skills;
- Able to meet deadlines, problem-solve, and to multi-task, all with strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite; comfort working in Excel;
- Familiarity with CRM database systems; experience with Salesforce a plus;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively;
- Demonstrated interest in continued skills development, especially around technology tools;
- Strong interest in researching and learning new skills and systems
- Interest in the arts or non-profit sectors;
- Interest and ability to travel multiple times per year;
- Familiarity with or experience working with artists
Lifting (20 lbs), stationary position, travel (occasional regional/national), sits in a workstation in an open office environment
Computational skills, reasoning, detailed work, communication, organizational skills, reading & research
All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter using the online application form at: https://www.nefa.org/about_us/employment. The deadline to apply for this position is Monday, November 18. A review of applications will begin immediately. Applications received after the deadline may not be reviewed if the existing candidate pool is deemed sufficient.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with