San Francisco, CA
Open Impact is a strategic advisory firm partnering with exceptional social change leaders to envision, design and accelerate their impact. Many of today’s problems are increasing in complexity, outpacing current solutions. No single organization or sector can solve them alone. Instead, we believe leaders today must be strategic, innovative, and collaborative in creating new approaches to social change.
At Open Impact, we work with our clients to develop these new skills, and to harness the best people, ideas and resources needed to create breakthrough solutions that can scale.
Open Impact is a start-up advisory firm with a small core team. We are looking for a dynamic, high-achieving, and proactive person to partner with our team as we scale. We need a systems thinker who can help us create effective and efficient mechanisms for managing our fast-growing firm and client projects.
Since we are a new firm, job descriptions may change as we grow, however, the core responsibilities for the position include:
- Coordinate firm, client, and partner events;
- Prepare team meetings and retreats, including agenda creation, follow up with action items, logistics for meeting;
- Manage logistics for external events, including space, food, materials;
- Provide on site support when needed for A/V, room set-up, and other logistics;
- Develop internal systems for efficient events management;
- Help prioritize and support speaking events.
Internal and external digital platform management
- Develop and update internal knowledge management systems, including a CRM platform;
- Social media updates and ongoing management;
- Maintain and update website;
- Create and send monthly newsletter;
- Provide ongoing PR and media support.
- Coordinate schedules of managing directors with their administrative assistants;
- Book travel when needed;
- Manage and order office supplies, run errands as needed;
- Budget planning with the CFO.
Skills and requirements
The ideal candidate is a self-starter able to function with a high degree of autonomy. They have a strong attention to detail, are able to manage multiple projects and timelines, and are comfortable interacting with high profile clients and partners. Our work is fast-paced and most of our team works remotely, so the candidate must be able to self-motivated and able to set their priorities and deadlines based on team needs.
Specifically, the candidate must,
- Have 1 – 3 years previous project management experience;
- Have experience organizing and managing multiple events;
- Be able to juggle multiple projects with multiple timelines;
- Be comfortable with Dropbox, Google tools, Word/Excel/Power Point, CRM platforms, and social media channels;
- Must have a car;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.