THR MANDATE: Through the lens of our DNA, partner with internal and external communities to prepare and mobilize a high performing, engaged and diverse workforce. Innovate and leverage best-in-class talent practices that are aligned with the desired culture in order to deliver on WKKF’s strategic plan and organizational ends.
JOB PURPOSE: Serve as a resource for the THR team in the areas of total rewards, talent management, talent development and talent acquisition by performing analytical, technical and administrative functions
An analyst at the foundation generally has the following responsibilities:
- Implement and administer processes
- Forecast and monitor activities; run, analyze and present reports
- Conduct research; identify issues and recommend actions
- Enhance connections among the foundation, grantees, vendors and partners
- Act as a key resource in the compilation, organization and communication of complex information and knowledge
- Negotiate and manage select vendor contracts
- Perform other roles and duties as assigned
Specifically, the THR analyst is responsible for the following:
Data Analytics, Reporting and Communication
- Configure, implement and maintain HRIS modules and systems; ensure data integrity and integration with other systems and functions in order to provide timely, accurate information for strategic decision making.
- Act as key resource and liaison with technology, finance, governance and compliance, etc. for reports, dashboards and other information.
- Assist with preparing and delivering presentations for various audiences. Assess audience feedback and prepare follow-up communication as appropriate.
- Prepare and submit required filings in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Support the design, implementation and communication of employment policies, plans and procedures.
Talent Planning, Acquisition and Development
- Support workforce planning, including forecasting, succession planning and career pathing.
- Support staffing strategy for the timely sourcing, screening, selecting and hiring of high quality talent for all WKKF positions.
- Support the design, implementation and maintenance of an organizational career framework and role-specific capability model.
- Assist with implementing and supporting a learning strategy aligned with the broader organizational strategy to develop functional, technical, management and leadership capabilities.
- Assist people leaders in the area of talent development through coaching and advising on development plans, goal setting, etc.
- Research and analyze data to inform an end-to-end employee performance management cycle that includes goal setting, alignment conversations, team and individual accountability and input into pay-for-performance.
- Track, measure, analyze and report ROI for training and learning initiatives.
Compensation and Benefits
- Research, implement and maintain externally competitive and internally equitable compensation and benefits programs that align with the total rewards strategy.
- Participate in routine and ad-hoc compensation and benefit peer and sector surveys.
- Leverage internal and external partnerships to conduct, synthesize and present compensation and benefits research consistent with WKKF’s core values and organizational priorities.
CORE CAPABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required in related field.
- Thorough knowledge of compensation and benefits regulations, and legal requirements (ACA, ERISA, FMLA, COBRA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADEA, etc.) desired.
- Knowledge of performance management and market-based pay practices, recognition and reward/bonus programs, health and welfare, retirement and ancillary benefit plans helpful.
- Relevant professional certifications such as CCP, CBP, CEBS, PHR, SHRM-CP and foundation or nonprofit experience helpful.
- Ability to work effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds
Analyst Core Capabilities
- Analytical Thinking: simplifies complex situations in a systematic, logical manner by identifying issues, making comparisons, setting priorities and assessing implications
- Business Acumen: knows how business works; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting their organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace
- Decision Quality: makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes); most solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions
- Customer Focus: is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customer in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Presentation Skills: is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small/large groups, with peers, leaders, etc.; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working; is effective both inside and outside the organization when discussing “hot button” topics
- Innovation/Creativity: generates and applies new and original ideas, creative approaches, methods and solutions to daily work
THR Analyst Core Capabilities
- Adherence to legal and ethical standards pertaining to compensation, medical and other personnel matters. Breach of confidentiality could result in immediate termination.
- Strong technical and statistical skills, including Microsoft Office proficiency, with advanced Excel experience and HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated ability to use interpersonal skills with diplomacy, ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal staff and with public, tact and diplomacy in handling difficult situations.
- Reliability, thoroughness, consistency, attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Demonstrated agility in day-to-day work, multi-tasking and working under time constraints.
- Ability to effectively communicate complicated compensation and benefits issues to relevant audiences. Must be sensitive, persuasive, tactful and approachable for sensitive and confidential matters.
Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until a finalist candidate has been identified.
To apply, please click on the “Careers” tile under “My Info” or on the “Home” menu of your SuccessFactors home page. From there, select “Search Jobs” to see active postings. If you wish to make a referral, please send applicants to wkkf.org/employment, and tell them to mention you as a referral source in their cover letter. If you have questions about applying through SuccessFactors, email THR at [email protected]. Informing your nearest leader and chapter leader of your application is encouraged and supported.