About Boston Rescue Mission
Since 1899, the Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) has focused on preventing and ending homelessness and in guiding people from a place of need to a place of self-sufficiency. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, BRM serves women and men who are homeless and at risk of homelessness 365 days a year. People in crisis, including veterans, come to the Mission to receive hearty meals, safe shelter beds, and life-transforming services. Our Residential Recovery programs focus on treating the underlying causes of homelessness with individualized case management, employment, and services to guide people toward permanent housing.
Our approach establishes a caring and accountable recovery environment along with job skills and related training designed to promote healthy, independent living. We are committed to helping people break their personal cycle of homelessness and over time have seen remarkable results.
- Supervise the maintenance of all facilities of the organization.
- Directly supervise operations staff performing food services, maintenance and housekeeping duties
- Maintain all buildings, equipment, and vehicles in safe and efficient operating condition.
- Collaborate with all management staff to assure Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) objectives are valued and achieved.
- Ensure that BRM is in compliance with all internal and external rules, State and Federal regulations, policies and laws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supervise operations staff performing food services, maintenance and housekeeping tasks
- Supervise work schedules, needs and performance of operations staff
- Facilitate the coordination, cooperation and communication between maintenance, housekeeping and food service with operation services.
- Oversee service contracts and warranties of maintenance services at all facilities.
- Schedule inspections and regular service checks of buildings and equipment.
- Recommend changes to improve efficiency and use of building space.
- Consult with staff grant writers to secure funding for service projects and improvements.
- Maintain protocols for communication of pick-ups, deliveries and services.
- Maintain safe up-keep of all Mission vehicles.
- Track inventory of building and kitchen supplies, place orders to replenish supplies.
- Regularly review budget for operation expenses and make recommendations for cost reductions and savings.
- Work with administrative staff to assess services and facilities needs to meet expansion plans in the future
- Assist with evaluations of operations staff and the hiring of new staffing as needed. Work with administrative staff to assess the staffing patterns required to facilitate operation’s services.
- Oversee the property management to assure the tenants leasing space at 25 Kingston Street are well served.
Reports to: President/CEO
Time requirements: Full-time or Part-time
A successful candidate should have five years of operational management experience in the industry. Bachelors degree preferred. To perform this job successfully an individual must possess excellent reasoning ability and demonstrate knowledge of and experience with:
- Efficiently analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, selecting and implementing best decisions, and positively communicating the rationale to others;
- building and equipment maintenance;
- food service delivery;
- working with a diverse staff;
- Microsoft office and internet technology.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits for full time employees include: health & dental insurance (78% employer-paid), pre-tax commuter benefits, generous paid vacation and holidays, a 401K retirement plan with generous matching contribution, and more.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to John Samaan: email@example.com. Please put in the subject line: Supervisor of Operations.
Boston Rescue Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.