The Center for Asian American Media (CAAM) is a national, mission driven organization dedicated to presenting stories that convey the richness and diversity of Asian American experiences to the broadest audience possible. CAAM is the premier provider of Asian American content -- funding, producing, distributing, and exhibiting works in film, television, and digital media.
CAAM is seeking a talented Strategic Partnerships Manager with strong fundraising experience, including sponsorship solicitation and the ability to develop and nurture relationships with corporations, grantmaking agencies, individuals, and in-kind donors. The ideal candidate is passionate about Asian American media with a proven track record of initiating and sustaining corporate relations, sponsorships, and philanthropic partnerships.
The position requires strong organizational and networking skills, the ability to work on various projects and events simultaneously, and a strong eye for detail.
- Formulate (with management team) year-round sponsorship and marketing opportunities that bring the most benefit and visibility to CAAM and expand our network and impact
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Director of Development, develop and implement a broad annual fundraising strategy
- Work with Director of Development and program directors to identify, research, and solicit potential corporate sponsorship and individual giving opportunities for restricted online, public television, festival, film exhibition, and other programs and special projects
- Maintain a portfolio of corporations, grantmaking agencies, individuals, and in-kind donors with the capacity to give below $25,000
- Prepare proposals and negotiate sponsorship arrangements
- Research, solicit, and correspond with in-kind donors, and coordinate delivery of in-kind donations
- Obtain written contracts and implement all sponsor and donor benefits, including logo recognition and advertising in print, online, event, in-theater, and media materials
- Manage delivery of all sponsor and donor-related hospitality, including tickets, passes, invitations, and special theater seating requirements
- Manage placement of sponsor and donor materials and products
- Develop sponsorship and event-related collateral and copy
- Coordinate and ensure post-event sponsor and partner acknowledgment and stewardship
- Work with partners and staff to gather and synthesize audience/demographic, marketing, and other related data and statistics for sponsorship and other development materials
- Collaborate with Membership Manager on the implementation of a Circle program for major donors
- Manage community relations, as assigned
- Assist with the design of a series of high special events such as galas, fundraisers, and receptions
- Supervise development interns and seasonal sponsorship staff as necessary
- Develop and maintain accurate sponsorship database and files
- Other development duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Excellent management, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent fundraising skills with minimum of 3 years of experience and demonstrated success
- Progressive fundraising experience, employing a wide array of strategies to support a diverse suite of programs (event fundraising, corporate and community sponsorships and individual donors)
- Strong organizational and writing skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task under multiple deadlines
- Able to exercise good judgment, work independently and maintain confidentiality of donor information
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with funders and partner organizations
- Capacity to take initiative and to work effectively cross-departmentally
- Ability to work with diverse constituents
- Professionalism, can-do attitude and ability to work well with others
- Computer savvy and fluency in a Mac OS platform and a variety of programs such as MS Office Suite, Filemaker Pro, DonorPerfect, and other CRM software. Supervisorial experience preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite and CMS experience a plus
Supervisor: Director of Development
Send resume and cover letter (in PDF format) to Director of Development Frances Pomperada via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS MANAGER” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling deadline through Monday, January 27, 2020. No phone calls. Check CAAMedia.org for additional information.
Salary based on experience
CAAM is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in an uniformed service, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Director of Administration. For more information, visit: caamedia.org