The Fidelity Foundations are a group of private, non-operating foundations that fund a diverse set of programs on a national and international scale. Areas of investment include education, arts and culture, health care, science, conservation and community services. In addition, the Foundations fund nonprofit organizations that strengthen the communities in which Fidelity Investments employees live and work.
Foundation grants are designed to encourage the highest standards of management and to create long-term self-reliance in nonprofit organizations. Taking an investment approach to grantmaking, the Foundations fund organizations with a goal of adding lasting, measurable value. The Foundations seek to support major initiatives that nonprofits undertake to reach new levels of achievement.
The Staff Assistant, Administration is an essential member of the Fidelity Foundations team and provides administrative support for operations, grant-making, finance and other activities. The position will report to the VP of Operations and intersect with all members of the team.
Duties include supporting executive administration, organizational operations, grants management, and financial management. The incumbent will be in contact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and thus a service-oriented attitude and professional demeanor is critical. The successful candidate will be a motivated, flexible problem-solver who thrives in a complex, fast-paced environment. S/he be highly organized and capable of working under tight timelines. S/he should also have strong communication and collaborative skills. Furthermore, s/he should be committed to the values of the Foundations and have a high-level of integrity, ethical rigor and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Provide executive assistance to VP of Operations and VP of Finance (e.g., manage calendars, scheduling and travel needs)
- Provide project coordination and support in operations, finance, grant administration, and other areas
- Provide day-to-day support of general office needs (e.g., supplies, equipment, IT and other required services)
- Provide documentation and data entry support for the grant administration team
- Assist with data retrieval and management of web-based grant-making application Assist with corporate credit card administration for Foundations team
- Process and manage invoices and expense reports Support processing of grant payments
- Provide back up to the Senior Executive Assistant and Program Assistant as required
- Provide back up to screen incoming phone calls to the Foundations’ main line, monitor inquiries to the Foundations’ email box, field requests and craft responses
- Provide meeting coordination and execution support for the Foundations team
- Support execution of workflows and processes with grantees, across Foundation offices, and Trustees Assist with other administrative and house-keeping projects and tasks as required
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Will consider applicants with equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 2+ years of work experience in a professional environment
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE:
- Flexible team player who is service-oriented and collaborative, with high-level interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency with MS Office and strong aptitude to learn other software systems
- Experience with financial processes preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including phone and editing skills
- Sound judgment, integrity and respect for confidentiality are absolute requirements
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all levels of co-workers, including assistants, staff, and senior management
This position is based in Boston, MA. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.