Based in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies (MACP) was established through the generosity of Margaret A. Cargill, a granddaughter of the co-founder of Cargill, Inc. MACP encompasses two grantmaking entities, Margaret A. Cargill Foundation and Anne Ray Foundation, whose collective assets place it among the 10 largest philanthropies in the United States.
The organization’s grantmaking supports work in seven domains: Animal Welfare, Arts & Cultures, Disaster Relief & Recovery, Environment, Quality of Life, Teachers, and Legacy & Opportunity.
To provide meaningful assistance and support to society, the arts, and the environment.
The cultural aspirations of MACPS are to be humble, compassionate, respectful, honest, professional, ethical, and mindful of the importance of carrying out the philanthropic work as envisioned by Margaret A. Cargill. This is a culture where teamwork is critical, learning is ongoing, and decisions are made thoughtfully.
The Administrative Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support to the Strategic Planning and Project Management team and the Communications team. The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, confidentiality, critical thinking, establishing priorities, meeting deadlines, and the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Work also requires flexibility and coordination with other team members to accomplish overall team goals.
This position is a member of the Strategic Planning and Project Management team and the Communication teams. This position is also a member of the Administrative Support Team.
Provide administrative support to designated teams, including:
- Assist with the daily schedules of the Director, Strategic Planning and Project Management and Director, Communications; ensuring appointments and meetings occur on time, changing schedules when necessary, and providing preparation support in advance of each meeting
- Work collaboratively with administrative team colleagues to schedule meetings involving multiple participants with complex calendars
- Manage project logistics including maintaining project calendars and preparing and distributing materials in the context of overall timelines and objectives
- Utilize organizational tools to track the progress of projects, including board meeting deadlines and preparation of board meeting materials
- Manage external contacts for teams proactively, understanding the role of these contacts, creating and maintaining contractual documents, and keeping track of periodic communication
- Assist in gathering documentation in response to inquiries
- Enhance organization and department effectiveness and efficiencies through means of identifying and owning steps to improve processes
- Arrange travel, including domestic and occasional international travel and out-of-town meetings; create travel briefing books to supplement each trip
- Prepare invoices and expense reports
- Sort, organize, and distribute mail
Assist with preparation and management of documents and presentations, including:
- Use Microsoft Word and PowerPoint to develop and revise documents and presentations, apply templates to existing documents, and format materials to align with brand standards
- Use Microsoft Excel to create and update spreadsheets, charts, and graphs
- Use Adobe Acrobat to prepare documents for board books
- Compose routine letters, emails, and memoranda, ensuring accuracy and professionalism
- Proofread a wide variety of documents and deliverables
- Organize and maintain inventory of department publications/materials, as well as physical and digital files
- Save documents to the organizations’ document management systems according to organization procedures
Plan and coordinate on-site and off-site meetings and events, including:
- Collaborate with meeting leader(s) to understand assistance needed for monthly senior leadership team meetings, other project/team meetings, and occasional full-day events/retreats
- Assist with preparing agendas and meeting materials, including assembling research/background information, gathering presentations, developing content and distributing information to members of the meeting in advance
- Make room, facility, teleconference/videoconference, meal/catering, and guest travel arrangements, as needed
- Coordinate activities and vendors during the meeting
- Ensure all logistical aspects of meetings run smoothly; proactively handle issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems during meetings/events
Other duties to include:
- Participate collaboratively in cross-functional teams and projects as assigned
- Provide back-up to other Administrative staff as necessary
- Other projects and duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- High School degree or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience as an office assistant, administrative assistant or related role
- Strong working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Acrobat; an openness to learning and using new technologies; prefer experience with SharePoint and/or CRM software
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational skills with a keen ability to both prioritize and tasks and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of calendar and travel management experience
- Experience with event planning preferred, including logistics and vendor management
- Ability to interface well with internal and external business associates in a highly professional manner
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality in both internal and external relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with other team members and administrative staff
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Interest in and ability to continuously improve processes
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Extensive use of computer, keyboard and mouse
- Bend to file or retrieve documents
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Job incumbents may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this description.
Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.
Qualified candidates should apply via our online application system by visiting www.macphilanthropies.org/careers
Be the first to comment
Sign in with